PDA

View Full Version : Unconclusive Electrical Short

firefighterwhite89
02-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Been Going On For Almost A Month Now. Before This Started, Back In July 2009, My 86 LX-I Ran Perfect For The Past 2 Years I've Owned It. Then, All The Sudden, My Clutch Acted As If It Was Going Out<Though It Was Only 3 Months Old> And Oil Smelling Grey Smoke Was Pouring Out Of The Timing Hole On My A2k5 Trans. Wound Up Spending The Next Early December 2009. Rebuilt It With All "Better Than OEM" Gaskets, Seals, Rings And Bearings Along With The Heads And Block Cleaned Of 23 Years Of Nasty, Horrid Build-Up, Rods, Cam, Head And Crank Checked By A Metal Shop For Warpage. Everything Turned Out Fine Except For One $12.87 New Con-Rod Bolt, And $20 For Used Trans. Bolts From A Junkyard.
Anyways, Car Ran Perfect From Day 1 It Cranked. Drove It 3 Days Later To South Carolina From Alabama, And Back, Over 1,230 Miles. Drove Perfect, Without Any Problems.
4 Days, After I Got Back, We Went To Crank It, And It Just Wouldn't Start. Turned Out It Was The Battery/ECU 70A Fuse. Cranked Upon Replacement, And Ran Fine. The Very Next Day It Wouldn't Crank, But Turn Over Fine. No Spark From The Coil. Bad Coil. New Plug Wires, Coil, And Ignition Switch, And It Still Didn't Fix The Problem. Mechanic Buddy Came By, And Unplugged The RF Sensor, And It Cranked Right Up, Plenty Of Spark. For Two Days At Least. Then It Started To Lose Power From The Coil Again.
I Rewired The Coil With 10ga. Wire From The Black/Yellow Wire From The Ign. Switch With An Inline 15A Fuse. Now The ECU, Gauge Lights, And Fuel Pump Won't Run, But The Power To The Coil Seems Fixed. What Could This Problem Be? It's Gotten Me So Lost. Freshly Rebuilt...Faster Than I Thought It'd Be...But, It's Also Eaten A Timing Belt Already, After 1,300 Miles Or So, But Didn't Break While Driving. Just Noticed The 1 Or So Inch Stretch In The Teeth, Though, That Could've Been A Defective Belt. I Noticed Tanish/Orange Wiring Showing From When I Pulled It Outta The Box.

:gun: :rocket:

Oldblueaccord
02-14-2010, 01:17 PM
I would check all ground wires are good or better then new. One from the top bolt of the valve cover to the front radiator support should be on. It sounds like you have a short some where if its blowing the main fuse thats not good.

Keep checking all your wires.

wp