PDA

View Full Version : Misfiring/Low idle

Juggalo88Accord
02-09-2010, 03:17 PM
On start ups my car misfires until i rev it a bit then stops and after it warms up will idle under 500 rpms and dies alot i cant drive it just cuz it constantly dies then sometimes takes a minute to start back up. I replaced tha spark plugs today they only had 5,000 miles on them but one was cracked so i got all 4 of those new e3 plugs. Problem remains. I have no idea whats wrong and its happening at tha worst time. I have no job and have a few interveiws for pizza delivery but cant really get that job if i dont have a car to use. Im really stressing out this time let me know what you guys think

jasonrebellion
02-09-2010, 06:52 PM
mine does that too! if your idle dies start checkin vacuum hoses. have someone keep the car running and listen for hissing noises under the hood.your pgm-fi light isn't on is it? make sure it works when you turn your key on.....you could have a burnt out light.

Sh4d0w
02-10-2010, 12:54 AM
I am going thru this right now as well. I found it was the dizzy on mine going out.

Juggalo88Accord
02-10-2010, 06:33 PM
mine does that too! if your idle dies start checkin vacuum hoses. have someone keep the car running and listen for hissing noises under the hood.your pgm-fi light isn't on is it? make sure it works when you turn your key on.....you could have a burnt out light.

Already checked vaccum lines replaced a bunch when i replaced tha carb. I dont have a pgm-fi light for im not fuel injected. And as far as tha dizzy i really hope its not that i dont have tha money itl take me awhile to scrape together enough for a junkyard one.Thanx for your help though tomarrow i think i might just turn up tha idle and see what happens. Ontop of all of this my clutch is starting to slip my cars having one hell of a month

Sh4d0w
02-10-2010, 10:37 PM
dizzy was under 100$ shipped from rockauto via 3 day fedex

joebeets
02-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Could have arcing inside the distributor from, of all places, the UNDERSIDE OF THE ROTOR. Happened to me. Or your igniter is shot.