PDA

View Full Version : You guys might like this.

Bass Man
02-11-2010, 10:32 AM
I had to click it when it said "83 Accord - $3496"

http://medford.craigslist.org/ctd/1596137978.html

2drSE-i
02-11-2010, 11:05 AM
I saved it so i can use it for my insurance claim LOL.

2ndGenGuy
02-11-2010, 11:16 AM
DAMN! That's nice. Definitely a keeper for auto insurance purposes LOL!

But seriously, they're not easy to find in that condition. If you were really looking for one of these as mint as that, then someone might pay it. :)

stat1K
02-11-2010, 11:49 AM
looks like there's a small spot of rust on the driver quarter panel, too bad the pic's aren't bigger

Civic Accord Honda
02-11-2010, 10:27 PM
drivers side rear bumper is pushed in and missing trim

stat1K
02-12-2010, 07:54 AM
^ noticed that too on the larger pics on their site, it's funny cus it's hertz rental car selling it.

2ndGenGuy
02-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Maybe it's been a good, reliable rental car, only car that's lasted. :lol:

Seaforth11
02-14-2010, 03:53 PM
I wonder how much Hertz charged customers to rent this car? You show up expecting a C300 or a Taurus and instead you get the keys to this baby...

At the risk of making this one seem just a bit on the expensive side, today I bought a one owner 82 Accord EX 4 door with only 50k genuine miles. Metallic beige, but I suppose you can't have everything. I was in London for the weekend, saw it and had to have it. Immaculate (but still beige). Drove the 130 miles home at a solid 75 mph and it went like a dream. I think the only things it needs are the aircon regassing, one tyre pumping up, a mudflap reattaching, and a bit of magic on one of the electric window switches. Not bad for 28 years old. I spent the first hour listening to a German classic hits radio station before I found the FM button on the stereo. When I was 20 I saved for a year to buy one of these and I think I am as excited now as I was the day I got that one (no doubt the excitement will wear off when I have to find parts... but that's where you guys come in, right?) I'll post pictures if anyone is interested in seeing what £700 buys in the UK?

Great website, by the way. Some really nice looking cars on here, even if the four US headlights look very strange.

2ndGenGuy
02-14-2010, 08:21 PM
I wonder how much Hertz charged customers to rent this car? You show up expecting a C300 or a Taurus and instead you get the keys to this baby...

At the risk of making this one seem just a bit on the expensive side, today I bought a one owner 82 Accord EX 4 door with only 50k genuine miles. Metallic beige, but I suppose you can't have everything. I was in London for the weekend, saw it and had to have it. Immaculate (but still beige). Drove the 130 miles home at a solid 75 mph and it went like a dream. I think the only things it needs are the aircon regassing, one tyre pumping up, a mudflap reattaching, and a bit of magic on one of the electric window switches. Not bad for 28 years old. I spent the first hour listening to a German classic hits radio station before I found the FM button on the stereo. When I was 20 I saved for a year to buy one of these and I think I am as excited now as I was the day I got that one (no doubt the excitement will wear off when I have to find parts... but that's where you guys come in, right?) I'll post pictures if anyone is interested in seeing what £700 buys in the UK?

Great website, by the way. Some really nice looking cars on here, even if the four US headlights look very strange.

Hi! :welcome: That's a great story. You should definitely post some pics of your car!! We'd love to see it! When you're used to the 4 headlights, the European headlights look quite odd. But I'm converting mine over. :)

accord83
02-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Get the pics up! And get it on here also

http://oldjapanesecar.proboards.com/index.cgi?

There's me and Denhonda with 2g sedans and Hirst has a 1g hatch. More Accords the better.

And here

http://thaoc.ipbfree.com/index.php?

Seaforth11
02-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Ok, will do.

Do you guys ever take your cars to classic events?

Seaforth11
02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
may need a clue how to upload photos...

2drSE-i
02-17-2010, 08:21 PM
You have to upload to a hosting site, imageshack, picasaweb, etc, and then hotlink them over here inside (image tags)

Seaforth11
02-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks

I have to post a few more times before I have permission to attach links etc.

Will have to think of something interesting to say...