PDA

View Full Version : looking for someone who can print on clear plastic

lostforawhile
02-11-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm looking for someone who can print on clear plastic like transparencies , I'm going to make the icon for the voice in my instrument cluster, I need to create a graphic and get it printed out, I don't have a printer. I'll just trim it and overlay it on the amber diffuser for the cruise control icon. I know how to make the little plastic piece to go in the cluster out of lexan. the printed piece will fit on it,

lostforawhile
02-11-2010, 10:10 PM
this is actual size except the blue would have to be black instead of blue

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/voiceIcon-1.jpg

senor honda
02-12-2010, 01:51 AM
I would check to see if KINKO's can copy and/or alter the size and/or color as needed, and print it on plastic...........as an example, transparencies for an opaque projector are printed on clear plastic........by running the plastic through an ordinary copy machine...

Let us know what you find out.....-Bob

this is actual size except the blue would have to be black instead of blue

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/voiceIcon-1.jpg

jasonrebellion
02-12-2010, 02:30 PM
make sure your transparencies are corona treated..other wise you can't print on it! I make film (basically that packaging everybody hates cause you gotta cut it off)....a marker works just fine but actual printing means that it has to be corona treated, which is basically electrifying it to roughen the surface of the plastic sheet.

lostforawhile
02-12-2010, 03:12 PM
I would check to see if KINKO's can copy and/or alter the size and/or color as needed, and print it on plastic...........as an example, transparencies for an opaque projector are printed on clear plastic........by running the plastic through an ordinary copy machine...

Let us know what you find out.....-Bob
we don't have a kinko's here, could someone photoshop that emblem? so the blue is black and the white stays like it is?

senor honda
02-13-2010, 02:44 AM
Have an Office Depot...for copies? and clear plastic?

Post Office here has a copier...

You can use your computer to change color in an email....may not need photoshop.....send email to yourself, print it, carry it down there

...you may not need to write on it...may not need corona treating for a
dash icon.-Bob