PDA

View Full Version : Help on rear taillights

midnighttuner
02-12-2010, 01:59 PM
I live in SoCal so im not use to much rain. My accord isnt all that much better. When it was rain during the past few storms i noticed that my taillights had turned into fishtanks. Meaning water is getting in. The lights still work fine... for now. How can i get the water out? And i am gonna assume its a seal problem on the lights. is there a how to on how to replace the seals?

import racer
02-13-2010, 11:18 AM
You can get new seals from honda but i think they're expensive,get some thin rubber mat and make you're own.To get the water out and not fill up til you get it fixed drill a small hole in each one at the bottom so it will drain.

midnighttuner
02-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Yeah that was the cheap idea i had. Just drill a few holes. Can i just get a whole new back end set instead? Or would that be pricey

89T
02-13-2010, 06:59 PM
small ass drill bit + bottom of light = serenity lol!

w261w261
02-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Honda didn't do a good job with the design of the tail light gaskets. If this has been happening for awhile, you've got a watermark on the bottom of the taillights. When this happened to me, I can't remember if I tried to drain them, or just got some off eBay, but what I did do that has worked perfectly for 6 or 7 years now, was to take gutter tape (silver metallic on one side), and tape over where the water runs down from the trunk gutters. The tape makes it run over the tops of the tail light housings, rather than down the inside and through the gaskets. I've replaced the tape once in that time.

Your bulbs will start to blow when the water gets high enough to splash around on turning or braking.