PDA

View Full Version : A/C Components+EGR Removed.

firefighterwhite89
02-15-2010, 08:02 AM
What Are All Of The Components For Both These. I Found Some Threads On Removing The EGR And Such, But Not The A/C Compressor And Components Though. 86LXI Idle Fluxuates Between 1200 and 2k Quickly For About 2 or 3 Minutes Then Idles Fine Again For At Least 15-30 Minutes Then Idles Odd Again When I Put It In Neutral. I'm Kinda Thinkin' It's The A/C Idle Valve, But I'm Not Sure. How Would I Go About Getting Rid Of All The A/C Components? A/C Never Held Freon To Work So It Was Either Pay LOTS O MONEY For It To Be Fixed, Or Get Rid Of It In The Rebuild. I Read How To Delete The A/C Components Off Several Chevy, Dodge, Chrysler, and Ford Vehicles, But No 3Gee :( Anyone Have Any Help/Tips/Ideas? I Can't Bring Myself To Trust The Wrong Vehicles Diagrams, Especially From American Vehicles. I Swear They Contribute To 90% Of All Vehicles In American Junkyards.

kentwat
02-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Before you chop everything off you can download the manual and go through the troubleshooting of the fi system. Have you tried to check ecu codes? The ecu is under the drivers seat. Turn the switch to the on position and then count the number of blinks and do a search for the ecu code. As for removal of the ac components i'm sure you'd have to fab some sort of bracket or go through alot of belt test fits in order to find the right one. I'd check for ecu codes and start there.