PDA

View Full Version : Wire Question

import racer
02-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Ok guys i have a question,the harness that goes under the intake by the dog bone bracket and comes out of the harness has a red and black wires to a small plug.It's not plugged in to anything and i was wondering what it is for.Can anyone tell me,i don't think it's important.

import racer
02-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Anyone?

89T
02-15-2010, 04:54 PM
let me go check my harness.

89T
02-15-2010, 05:05 PM
OK, I got nothing for you. LOL.
I have a harness on my block that does not have the plug you are talking about.

I have another harness that has it.

I don't have any emissions stuff, or even the stock intake so I wont be of help.

mykwikcoupe
02-15-2010, 05:35 PM
if it runs away from the engine or just hangs there it should be long enough to reach a long plug for the power steering unit. I have no clue what it sences or does but thats what its for. if you deleted the power steering that probably why you dont have the other side. It should attatch to a bracket that mounts to the rear control arm under the charcoal filter. Hope this helps or Im even in the right area.

lostforawhile
02-15-2010, 05:42 PM
if it runs away from the engine or just hangs there it should be long enough to reach a long plug for the power steering unit. I have no clue what it sences or does but thats what its for. if you deleted the power steering that probably why you dont have the other side. It should attatch to a bracket that mounts to the rear control arm under the charcoal filter. Hope this helps or Im even in the right area.

red black wire? is it near the air cleaner? there's a thermister in the air cleaner that affects several systems on the car that sounds like the plug it plugs into. it's only on carb cars, the piece it plugs into is in the air cleaner base. If i remember correctly, or the snorkel for the air cleaner

lostforawhile
02-15-2010, 05:49 PM
does the connector on the wire look like this? http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/S4021024.jpg

mkymonkey
02-15-2010, 05:58 PM
post a picture

import racer
02-16-2010, 07:59 AM
No it's on my sei and it comes out of harness by the bracket for the dogbone mount.the plug had the wires put together with a marrett.Could it have been for the a/c,it was hooked up so i took it out.It wasn't on my exi harness and it didn't have a/c so i don't know.No i don't have a pic.

import racer
02-16-2010, 01:22 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z304/importracer1987/IMG00105.jpg

import racer
02-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Thats the plug i'm talking about with the red and black wires,The wires are about 10 inches out of the harness.

A18A
02-16-2010, 05:53 PM
i cant see the pic but it sounds like the power steering pressure switch sensor thingy

import racer
02-17-2010, 06:12 AM
Where would it plug into then if thats what it is.

car6289
02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Where would it plug into then if thats what it is.

From the service manual it appears that it is connector C-31 part of engine wire harness. It is the only two wire connector that looks like the one in your photo with a red wire and a black wire. Supposedly it's for the Power steering oil pressure switch on FI cars only. I could find no other mention of said power steering oil pressure switch anywhere else in service manual. Perhaps Honda was intending to install such a pressure switch but never got around to doing it, whatever the reason for such a switch. Two different departments of the same company that forgot to communicate with each other.

mykwikcoupe
02-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Its what I said it is. You ahve the threaded bung in the rear crossmember where the bracket that holds the other side. It plugs into high pressure power steering hose that is closer to the rear engine lower mount.