PDA

View Full Version : Passenger seat belt issue. Ughhhh . . .

Edison Carasio
02-15-2010, 02:42 PM
So I fixed the brakes and the hood latch on my car but now I have a serious problem. My passenger seat belt latch is messed up. When you buckle it, it just randomly unbuckles itself. Also, if you buckle it you can just tug it lightly and it pops right out. Is there something I can do to fix the existing latch (like how I sprayed my hood latch with WD40) or do I need to get one from the junk yard that works? Normally I don't have passengers, but I don't want my girlfreind in the passenger seat in the event of a wreck and she can't just chill in the backseat all the time.

lostforawhile
02-15-2010, 02:48 PM
it's a recall it's covered under that, doesn't matter how old, also honda has a lifetime warranty on it's seatbelts

midnighttuner
02-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Or just keep you gf back there for cutting that step out in some business. jkjk... You could just try going to a junkyard and pull that piece out. And if honda does have that warenty for seatbelts then yay... use that.

lostforawhile
02-15-2010, 03:00 PM
http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls/09-int/1987/honda/accord/index.html

Edison Carasio
02-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Snaps! I didn't even know that. I will check that out. Just signed up for Honda.com's Owner Link thing to confirm the recall.

lostforawhile
02-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Snaps! I didn't even know that. I will check that out. Just signed up for Honda.com's Owner Link thing to confirm the recall.

it's legitimate, it affected honda,toyota and nissan, it was the seat belt makers fault. I got mine replaced after some hassles.

Edison Carasio
02-15-2010, 03:49 PM
it's legitimate, it affected honda,toyota and nissan, it was the seat belt makers fault. I got mine replaced after some hassles.

I printed the letter so after the ball joints are fixed (so I can actually drive the car without tearing crap up) I'll take it to the dealer.