PDA

View Full Version : Dear Pimp Daddy Jim..

89AccordNate
10-06-2002, 06:15 PM
My konis come in the mail tommorrow. Of course my car is a daily driver and the roads here are far from great. There is a lot of uneven pavement, wavy roads, etc. What setting should I be running them on for a daily driven application? I want the bumps absorbed without the tokico bounce but I dont want my ass to be gaining muscle mass because the ride is so harsh and im cringing over every bump. I wish I could give you my spring rates, but I dont know them for my weapon R coilovers. I will have to look.

How many settings are on the struts, and which do you recommend? Sorry if this has been asked before....im blind.

Thanks,

Nate.

Neuspeed87lx
10-06-2002, 06:21 PM
haha your ass gaining muscle mass ...lol

Jims 86LXI HB
10-06-2002, 09:58 PM
:lol Oh my gawd nate, the Koni's ARE NOT STIFF! They only adjust for rebound not compression so you can't make them any stiffer that they already come from Koni. Set the rebound stiffness 1 full turn off of full soft on rebound. If you can't figure out the instructions,(THEY SUCK!) let me know and I'll walk you through the how to on the adjustment.

89AccordNate
10-07-2002, 04:51 AM
Well Jim, I wasnt sure.....when Im walking around bo-legged because of your adjustment recommendations then you know why!

Nate.

RobT5580
10-07-2002, 09:13 AM
I have mine set to what Jim said and its fine. I wish they were externally adjustable because im curious why the other settings are like but im not taking it apart to find out. Thanks again Jim

89AccordNate
10-07-2002, 10:41 AM
Ok the instructions are far from helping me. They say you have to put the strut in the vice and all this other stuff, is there a simpler way? The instructions are like pictionary, you have to guess what they are trying to show you.

Nate.

Jims 86LXI HB
10-07-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
Ok the instructions are far from helping me. They say you have to put the strut in the vice and all this other stuff, is there a simpler way? The instructions are like pictionary, you have to guess what they are trying to show you.

Nate.

And when you go to their web site, you get to see the exact same intructions. Anyways nate I pm'd you a how to that will walk you threw the process. It's really easy, don't know why they don't make the directions that way.