PDA

View Full Version : Well that was close

import racer
02-19-2010, 12:58 PM
I had a close call today,stupid minivan stopped short and when i hit the brakes i heard a pop and pedal went to floor.I had to swing out around him,glad i have quick reflexes.Limped it home and found a hole in pass brake line by the fender.Wasn't a hard fix but when i went to bleed it the bleeder screw was rusted solid,so had to heat up to remove and put a new one in.But tried to bleed it and couldn't get any fluid out.I took off the line on the caliper and got fluid out but don't know why i can't get any out the bleeder screw.I even took the screw out and couldn't get anything.Not sure why anyone have any idea's?

import racer
02-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Well gonna take the caliper off tomorrow and see if it's plug or the piston is stuck.

mykwikcoupe
02-19-2010, 11:10 PM
I bet theres a clog just inside the bleeder zerk. Take a small screw driver and push it in. proabably a good diea to rebiuld or get new/remans if your having this issue.

import racer
02-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Well when i took off the caliper i had to wack it with a hammer to get it off.I don't understand this because in the fall i lubed the sliders with silicone brake lube.But that wasn't the problem,kept looking and it turns out the rubber hose was clogged.So i replaced that and bled it,seems alright now.I can't bleed the drivers side because the bleeder screw is screwed so might have to bleed it through the line instead.