PDA

View Full Version : how do i disable the heater all together

diehardbroncosfan
02-22-2010, 07:19 PM
so i found a wiring short in a two clips that connect under the passenger side dash they are melted to hell and i can see damage all the way up the wires until they go out of sight . so i look to see if theres a heater system fuse and there is not... i cant get to the wires without dismantling the dash and i dont want to drive the car like it is because it decides when it wants to run and when it doesnt right now it will run but with the efi light on..and im pretty sure its because of the melted wires for the heater how do i disable the heater/vent wiring without removing everything?

w261w261
02-23-2010, 06:49 AM
The heater blower motor could be taken out by disconecting it at connector 246, under the right side of the dash at the kick panel. It should have a blue/white and blue/black coming out of it. It's colored white.

Connector 223 is shown going to ground, and it's located "under left side of dash, right of steering column." It's colored blue, and is a 4 wire connector, looks like with all black wires going into it. You might try pulling that connector apart to disable the heater controls. But you might disable something else, I don't have time to look further.

AccordB20A
02-23-2010, 12:33 PM
if theres heater wires all melted theres a possiblitity its melted through a few other wires too, id carry a fire extinguisher lol

diehardbroncosfan
02-23-2010, 02:44 PM
i got an extinguisher ...lol but damn so i cut the wires the best i chould without taking the whole dash apart but damn man now my car starts fine but runs with the pgmfi light on and wont hold accelerator steady seems to rev then die quickly down to about a grand what the hell is this spiting a 13 code now

Dr_Snooz
02-23-2010, 09:20 PM
i got an extinguisher ...lol but damn so i cut the wires the best i chould without taking the whole dash apart but damn man now my car starts fine but runs with the pgmfi light on and wont hold accelerator steady seems to rev then die quickly down to about a grand what the hell is this spiting a 13 code now

This is going to end badly...

diehardbroncosfan
02-24-2010, 04:21 PM
well the car is not geting drove until i figure this out the ecu is still spiting a 13 code and it doesnt want to hold accelerator steady upon acceleration it goes to about 3grand then quickly goes down to one and is baicly un movable i need to figure this out i even had a buddy print out all the alldata on the car and the heater connections are not the same dont match up and the colors of the wires are not matching so i guess this realllly sucks

diehardbroncosfan
02-24-2010, 04:26 PM
the heater wires that melted is a three prong connection that has two green/white wires into one plug a red/black in one and two yellow/white in the other under passenger side of dash and then the wires disapear out of sight and are impossible to get to how do you access these wires and where do they ultimatly feed back too?

any help will be appriciated thank you

lostforawhile
02-24-2010, 04:49 PM
the heater wires that melted is a three prong connection that has two green/white wires into one plug a red/black in one and two yellow/white in the other under passenger side of dash and then the wires disapear out of sight and are impossible to get to how do you access these wires and where do they ultimatly feed back too?

what year and model of accord do you have? and i'll pull the wiring diagram, a fuse should have blown or a fusible link under the hood, if it did it could have blown one of the ignition fuses. this shouldn't have happened unless someone screwed with the wiring. you really need to pull that dash and check for damage before you drive the car again.

diehardbroncosfan
02-25-2010, 09:05 PM
the car is a 86 accord lxi ca. model the wiring has been messed with and i think the car had a chapman secirty system and it was removed as soon as i got it. the wiring in some parts of the car has two wires spliced into one in a few spots mostly black/red wires and in bit of the harness goin into the ecu the splices are about a foot into the wiring before it hits the ecu but the car drove great for almost a year then it started giving me problems. and the car never had ecu codes come from it until now.

LX-incredible
02-25-2010, 11:39 PM

Those colors don't correspond with climate control wiring. That sounds more like the atmosphere pressure sensor, which for some reason honda decided to attach to the blower housing.

The red wire goes directly back to the ecu. Green/white (sensor ground) and yellow/white (sensor +5V) go to the ecu and map sensor.

diehardbroncosfan
02-26-2010, 12:56 AM
wow that sounds more like what it is but it the plug attached to the blower housing itself but ill put it back in and try and pick up a new part of the harness or a new one all together

LX-incredible
02-26-2010, 09:17 AM
It's annoying trying to help someone when you have to spend time deciphering their posts...

If you're asking if the sensor is attached to the bottom of the blower housing, then yes.

It is the only 3 wire connector and sits the lowest in the blower area. Sensor is attached to the housing with a single philips screw.

diehardbroncosfan
02-26-2010, 02:37 PM
thank you man i ran new wires and the light came off and re located the sensor so its not geting baked by the floor heater and it seems to be running good a little stumble in the idle but other that that its fine thanks for the help man over a month long delema that you solved for me thank you much man
i appriciate everyones help thank you
-brent