PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Issue

Xaisk
02-26-2010, 11:43 AM
I have a Pioneer DEH-2000 stereo in my car.

When I play the radio sound comes out of the 3 working speakrs, when I play CDs the sound comes out of the 3 working speakers.

When I plug my Ipod in, sound comes out of only the drivers side speaker.

Does this sound like an electrical short or a faulty stereo?

ShyBoyCA6
02-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Well if your using AUX that's the problem but if you have a ipod connection make sure its pluged in all the way and check yo speaker connection

Xaisk
02-28-2010, 11:14 PM
I am useing AUX. Is there a known issue with Aux with the Ipod or the Stereo?
You say that like its a flawed system haha.

charliekuney
03-01-2010, 02:26 PM
My mom's Intrepid does the same thing. Radio: all four; CD/cassette: all four; iPod/cell phone: left two. Makes me unhappy. I bought Slacker Unlimited for my BlackBerry just for this reason.

mkymonkey
03-01-2010, 02:34 PM
to me it sounds like you have a faulty radio. if you have 3 known working speakers and the problem only persists when you plug in the aux cable, then it means that the connection from the aux to the internal amp of the stereo is faulted.

but just to be sure, check all your wiring connections to the speakers to make sure.

AccordB20A
03-02-2010, 12:34 AM
i bet you fucked the aux socket on the headunit by ripping the plug out of it accidentally or pulling on the cord of the device thats plugged in and internally damaged the socket.

that or your cord is faulty

Xaisk
03-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Haha I bought the stereo for 100 dollars. It really sounds great but there are probally some weak parts. I will take it out of the car and open it up, and inspect the AUX port parts. Would a voltometer help with finding out weather the connections from the AUX port to the stereo be useful in finding the issue?
(Idk too much about electricity, and I dont think electricity is what travels up the wire from my IPOD to the stereo when its plugged in)

3ERDGEECARBHATCH
07-18-2010, 12:22 PM
The damage you would be looking for would be far more apparent through a visual inspection vice an electrical test for say, continuity. Check the back of the plug and the solder joints and also inspect both receptacle and plug for bent pins, flanges.

Good Luck!