PDA

View Full Version : Any Try these Ebay Suspension Kits

kw_da
03-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Hi,

I've read about the problems people have with cheap suspension rebuild kits - has anyone tried these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUSPENSION-HONDA-ACCORD-86-89-BALL-JOINT-CONTROL-ARM-SW_W0QQitemZ130347112374QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e594b17b6

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290370764916&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

the Honda stuff is very expensive :hmph:, but I only want to keep the car running another 5 years or so.

Thanks,

David

LX-incredible
03-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Chinese junk. You will probably get 5 years out of it though... Be sure not to use the upper control arm bushings and sleeve that comes with the kit. Use a stock sleeve (used is fine) and only honda/moog/three-five/raybestos UCA bushings. Your best bet is to buy from rockauto.com. Their prices are pretty decent and they usually have closeouts on half of the stuff you need. Stay away from beck/arnley and and other no-name brands, the quality is the same as the crap sold on ebay.

Civic Accord Honda
03-01-2010, 01:01 PM
i bought some tie rods from ebay for my civic... they lasted a month before getting play and in 3 months they were shot stay away

nswst8
03-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Chinese junk. You will probably get 5 years out of it though... Be sure not to use the upper control arm bushings and sleeve that comes with the kit. Use a stock sleeve (used is fine) and only honda/moog/three-five/raybestos UCA bushings. Your best bet is to buy from rockauto.com. Their prices are pretty decent and they usually have closeouts on half of the stuff you need. Stay away from beck/arnley and and other no-name brands, the quality is the same as the crap sold on ebay.

Rockauto is your best bet. Better to do it right the first time, then to do it over.

MessyHonda
03-04-2010, 12:34 AM
yes save up....i had to wait to get some moog ball joints but they are the best...i love them....made my noise go away

AccordB20A
03-04-2010, 01:52 AM
suspension and ball joints are not items you want to cheap out on lol