PDA

View Full Version : damn timing belts

danny nr crew
03-02-2010, 05:18 PM
well guys this is wat happend about 3 weeks ago. it was about 3 oclock i go outside to turn on my hatch. then i go to move my moms car cause it was in front of mine after i move the car i notice that theres no smoke coming out the exhaust so i go check the inside and everything is still on i crank it and wat do u know it doesnt start so i take off the valve cover and notice that the timing was loose i move it around and it freaking comes out. so i go buy the timing belt and replace it. not to mention its my first time doing something like this i get everything on and it cranks and starts i was so happy but yea thought i should tell u guys another timing belt adventure that everyone else usually gets

Civic Accord Honda
03-02-2010, 06:22 PM
how was that crank pully bolt?

glad you got her back on the road ^_^

danny nr crew
03-05-2010, 12:51 PM
pain in the butt at first but then i found a trick to lock up the flywheel just take off the starter and stick a screw driver in there and just take off the bolt and everything else is easy from there but yea its out and about now having fun with it like i always do

Dr_Snooz
03-05-2010, 11:11 PM
pain in the butt at first but then i found a trick to lock up the flywheel just take off the starter and stick a screw driver in there and just take off the bolt and everything else is easy from there but yea its out and about now having fun with it like i always do

I'm going to remember that one.

danny nr crew
03-08-2010, 09:30 AM
haha its a good trick that my friends dad tought me