PDA

View Full Version : Where Are All The Grounds?

firefighterwhite89
03-04-2010, 10:10 AM
I've Looked Many Times. Can't Find Anything That Shows Me The Grounds And Where They're Supposed To Be Broken Down In Anything. I Know There's The Valve Cover To Radiator Bracket, (Manual)Trans To Chassis, But Where Else? I Read Where Lostforawhile Wrote, There Is One Behind The Underhood Fuse Panel Where It Attaches To The Body...But Is That The Same For F.I. Cars Too As I Think He Was Talking About Carbeurated Models, And I Noticed, Nearly All Their Eletrical Connections Ran Differently Than The F.I. A20A3.

Can Anyone Please Enlighten Me On The Locations Of The Other Ground Wire's Location. I Have One That's Either Shorted Or Not Attached, And I Can't Find It.

Dr_Snooz
03-04-2010, 09:05 PM
What are your symptoms?

firefighterwhite89
03-05-2010, 01:30 PM
What are your symptoms?

Different Ignition Parts Seem To Be Intermittently Ground, Still, After Replacing Alternator, TW Sensor, Coil, Dizzy Cap+Rotor, Ignitor, RFI Module, Plugs+Wires, Fan Relays, Main Relay, Ign. Switch, Fuel Injectors, Rebuilt Motor, And Even Replaced The Two Grounds I Could Find With 4Ga. Copper Wire, And Replaced Them Where The Stock Grounds Went After I Sanded Wherever They'd Contact. Though, It Still Seems There's An Intermittent Ground. Power Is Read Like It's Supposed To When Parts Are Grounded To The Chassis, Though Intermittently Grounded In The Ground In The Wiring Somehow. Somedays Most Parts'll Work Right, And Other Times Few'll Work Right.

Dr_Snooz
03-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Hmmm. So when I say symptoms, I'm hoping for something more along the lines of "rough idle," or "won't start when the car is hot," or "stepping on the brake causes the headliner to catch fire."

What are your symptoms?

w261w261
12-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Hmmm. ..... or "stepping on the brake causes the headliner to catch fire."

You know, I had that very symptom. But thank goodness, my rear sunroof drains were plugged up and right after stepping on the brake caused my headliner to catch fire, the water sitting above my head sloshed forward and put the fire out.

Maybe it's time to go to bed now.

lostforawhile
12-02-2010, 10:18 PM
the electrical ,manual just went up on the theegeez wiki, it shows every single ground. where they attach and which ones to check

charliekuney
12-02-2010, 10:53 PM
I've Looked Many Times. Can't Find Anything That Shows Me The Grounds And Where They're Supposed To Be Broken Down In Anything. I Know There's The Valve Cover To Radiator Bracket, (Manual)Trans To Chassis, But Where Else? I Read Where Lostforawhile Wrote, There Is One Behind The Underhood Fuse Panel Where It Attaches To The Body...But Is That The Same For F.I. Cars Too As I Think He Was Talking About Carbeurated Models, And I Noticed, Nearly All Their Eletrical Connections Ran Differently Than The F.I. A20A3.

Can Anyone Please Enlighten Me On The Locations Of The Other Ground Wire's Location. I Have One That's Either Shorted Or Not Attached, And I Can't Find It.

Different Ignition Parts Seem To Be Intermittently Ground, Still, After Replacing Alternator, TW Sensor, Coil, Dizzy Cap+Rotor, Ignitor, RFI Module, Plugs+Wires, Fan Relays, Main Relay, Ign. Switch, Fuel Injectors, Rebuilt Motor, And Even Replaced The Two Grounds I Could Find With 4Ga. Copper Wire, And Replaced Them Where The Stock Grounds Went After I Sanded Wherever They'd Contact. Though, It Still Seems There's An Intermittent Ground. Power Is Read Like It's Supposed To When Parts Are Grounded To The Chassis, Though Intermittently Grounded In The Ground In The Wiring Somehow. Somedays Most Parts'll Work Right, And Other Times Few'll Work Right.

How Does One Type Two Entire Paragraphs Like That?

Dr_Snooz
12-03-2010, 08:04 PM
That would be here: http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Honda_service_manuals

firefighterwhite89
12-05-2010, 04:38 PM
How Does One Type Two Entire Paragraphs Like That?

I Do. It's A Bad Habit I Picked Up In My Hardcore Stoner Days. :rocket:

Thanks For The Electrical Troubleshooting Manual Link. That Thing'll Surely Prove Helpful.