PDA

View Full Version : cv joint

Nio
03-04-2010, 07:36 PM
ok i can hear heavy clicking when i turn.. i presume its the outboard cv joint.. what company would be best to go with a replacement part?

Dr_Snooz
03-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Normally, I'd say Napa without hesitation, but they sold me some pretty crappy ones last time. Looking around on the web, it looks like there's just off-brand Chinese stuff available now, so I don't know. Might be worth it to belly up and go to the dealer. They sell remanned parts. Or you could go super cheap and see if you can get something from the junkyard. Probably anything with good boots will be fine.

Oldblueaccord
03-04-2010, 08:58 PM
I would look for new over reman otherwise you might get the Cv shaft I turned in a few years ago looked good ran good with 240k miles on it.

wp

Nio
03-04-2010, 09:05 PM
im going with new. but some of the companies i saw dont seem all that great. last thing i want is to have to replace it 6 months down the road.

MessyHonda
03-05-2010, 01:46 AM
napa new ones...i just replaced mine on my car with 2 new ones and they are sweet...they are the skiny axels unlike the factory ones that have like a plastic thing around the shaft

Dr_Snooz
03-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Dude, you're joining the military. If you replace axles now, by the time you get back, the boots will have rotted. This is definitely a repair you can postpone.

Hauntd ca3
03-05-2010, 11:46 PM
never buy reman units.
all they do is remove the balls,machine the inner star race and put bigger balls in.
they end up clicking in reverse.

Nio
03-06-2010, 04:05 AM
Dude, you're joining the military. If you replace axles now, by the time you get back, the boots will have rotted. This is definitely a repair you can postpone.

No lol

I'm no replacing them now... But its better to plan ahead. this way when I get my first leave I can have everything already ready to go...know what parts to pick up and how to properly install them. so I don't waste time.