PDA

View Full Version : k, I'm stupid when it comes to car audio

bigcheese
03-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Okay, I've successfully removed the stock radio from my '89 Accord, but here's where I get confused. I already have a CD Player from my old car that I would like to use (JVC KD-G310). But the wires harness that was in my old car seems to be of no use to me now, i.e. it doesn't fit the harness that's in the Accord. But I don't know what sort of harness I need to buy to get this to work now. The wires in the Accord are all taped together and hooked into the harness that's there. Is my CD player just not compatible with my car? I'm kind of leaning towards just going to the thrift store and getting a stock CD player from another Honda and putting it in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get this working before I go out tonight :)

Pico
03-06-2010, 12:33 PM
you need to get the adapter harness for the accord.

bigcheese
03-06-2010, 12:46 PM
you need to get the adapter harness for the accord.Thanks! You can point me in the direction of where I might get one, or just show me a picture? A simple google search doesn't seem to help. Is it something they would sell at Best Buy or at a car audio shop, or would I have to order it online?

Pico
03-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Best Buy, Auto Stereo Store, Parts Store

Dr_Snooz
03-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Cut out the old harness connector and crimp connector the new stereo in there.

Vinny
03-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks! You can point me in the direction of where I might get one, or just show me a picture? A simple google search doesn't seem to help. Is it something they would sell at Best Buy or at a car audio shop, or would I have to order it online?

Simple google search (http://www.google.com/products?q=1989+accord+stereo+harness&aq=f)

They have them at walmart, autozone, pepboys and most chain part stores as well

lostforawhile
03-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Simple google search (http://www.google.com/products?q=1989+accord+stereo+harness&aq=f)

They have them at walmart, autozone, pepboys and most chain part stores as well
Vinny!!! where have you been??:tongue:

ecogabriel
03-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Assuming that you just unplugged the stock radio, Walmart has the connector that would go in there. The one I got is good for old Hondas as well as new ones.
It should come with a wiring diagram; I believe wire colors in aftermarket radios are kind of universal.
You should not have a big problem in getting yours working. Good luck

bigcheese
03-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Yea, I got this set up on Saturday. Thanks for the help!