PDA

View Full Version : i think i might have made a serious mistake with my axle...

yonze
03-08-2010, 11:00 AM
hey guys im pretty new to 3 geez. i did do some looking but not overly so if i missed someone who already made a thread like this sorry.
anyways on to the matter.
i have an 88 lx 5 speed and my drivers side cv was gone so i bought the new
axle, replaced it, looked for a good 20 mins for the stupid fill hole and lone behold..........oil started pouring out of the trans at the axle. so im hoping i just stupidly didnt seat it right or something but i have a funny feeing its going to be a bit more then that. anyone have any advice??
thanks for reading
and sorry again if this was posted elsewhere

dacantu
03-08-2010, 11:18 AM
hopefully I can help. Hopefully you just didnt push it in the whole way and thats all you need. Do you have an auto or 5 speed transmission?

yonze
03-08-2010, 11:32 AM
its a 5 speed i cant really get right under the car because my jack doesnt go that high but i did push it in and then i gave it a little pull and it wasnt pulling back out so i assumed it had clicked in

carotman
03-08-2010, 11:39 AM
It's probably not pushed all the way in. The CV shaft seal could be bad too.

yonze
03-08-2010, 11:46 AM
im really hoping thats the problem i dont think the seal is bad because its a brand new axle but i will check it anyway

dacantu
03-08-2010, 11:50 AM
hmm well after it clicked in you shouldnt have had a problem.

Try this site for the shop manual. You should be able to find where the filler hole is on the trans. I know where it is but honestly have no clue how to even describe it to you.
http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html

yonze
03-08-2010, 11:53 AM
thx for the help i ended up finding it it was just weird because it was a much larger washer around it then my haynes manuel had shown in the picture

dacantu
03-08-2010, 12:01 PM
so you fixed it then? thats good to hear. start coming aboard more often. we're all here to help and Im sure you'll enjoy your stay.

yonze
03-08-2010, 12:16 PM
yea i like what ive seen so far all the members seem to be really helpful and friendly thankyou again and i'll se you around for sure!

yonze
03-08-2010, 12:18 PM
ohh btw i know its off topic but i like the rims on your accord looks sleek!

dacantu
03-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Haha thanks man I really apreciate that!