PDA

View Full Version : transmission on the fritz HELP!

87blueaccorddx
10-07-2002, 11:25 AM
hey i have a questionon wat is wrong, wen i have m car in d4 and drive, it i drrive wit good acceleration to about 30 or wen i have normal acceleration o about 40, all of a sudden i hear a noise like a gear shifting down or something and then if i press on the acclerator it does noting andis slowing down so i need to put it in d3 and drive t that way, wats wrong? thanx

87AccordBoy
10-11-2002, 07:10 AM
to me its your tranny messing up like mines but i put lucas tranny fluid and then put transmedic and she worked. if you use that when you put it in dont abuse the tranny untill like 100 miles then it kicks in. transmedic re-seals the whole tranny and it will feel like a new tranny just like mines :)

markmdz89hatch
10-11-2002, 08:47 AM
well, i got news for you son, ur tranny is slipping. You can put that Lucas stuff in, and it might work, but it's a 50/50 shot, and you never know which 50 you get. Mines was doin' the same thing, then one day it got pissed off and took a shit while i was trying to get up my hill to get home. That resulted in my tranny swap. If ur worried about the the expense or replacing the tranny, PM me and I'll let you know what I have up my sleeve that might just work out for you.

smufguy
10-11-2002, 10:21 AM
i would say, its better to get a tranny swap. Its defenitelly ur 4th gear wont hold up. Getting an used tranny esp for a 3g is not hard.

dXsquared
10-11-2002, 11:44 AM
and its easy... i had mine done in about a day.
Travis

ps i have a 5 speed