PDA

View Full Version : battery light

beran24
03-12-2010, 08:40 PM
so last night battery light comes on. today i started the car took the battery cable off, car died, so i assumed altanator wasnt putting out a charge. so i took the one from my other car and put in it. (what a job lol didnt take the axle out) anyway got it changed start the car up still have the light on in the dash, but everything works fine and lights are bright at night so idk whats wrong, also changed the battery.

Hauntd ca3
03-12-2010, 08:44 PM
never disconnect the batt with the motor running.
its a sure way to fuck an altenator.
get a voltmeter and check the charge voltage, 14.4 is normal
most cars these days will turn on the charge light and sometimes the cat light if they are overcharging as well

beran24
03-12-2010, 11:18 PM
never disconnect the batt with the motor running.
its a sure way to fuck an altenator.
get a voltmeter and check the charge voltage, 14.4 is normal
most cars these days will turn on the charge light and sometimes the cat light if they are overcharging as well

yeah idk everything seems to work fine, just the dum light on kinda pisses me off

Hauntd ca3
03-12-2010, 11:59 PM
denso altenators like whats generally in 3gs will usually put the light on if its got a diode out in the rectifier, which means it dosnt have the out put to turn the light out or if they are over charging they will turn the light on as well.
alts can also put the light on if the brushes are low enough.
i still recommend getting a cheap multimeter and checking the charge voltage.
but remember hondas will vary the voltage greatly , anywhere between 12.7 and 15.1volts.
if you have an efi car and it has the 4 wire plug on the alt, the ecu controls the altenator.
if it carbed and has a 3 wire plug, they tend to stay around 14 volts if working right

beran24
03-13-2010, 09:17 AM
denso altenators like whats generally in 3gs will usually put the light on if its got a diode out in the rectifier, which means it dosnt have the out put to turn the light out or if they are over charging they will turn the light on as well.
alts can also put the light on if the brushes are low enough.
i still recommend getting a cheap multimeter and checking the charge voltage.
but remember hondas will vary the voltage greatly , anywhere between 12.7 and 15.1volts.
if you have an efi car and it has the 4 wire plug on the alt, the ecu controls the altenator.
if it carbed and has a 3 wire plug, they tend to stay around 14 volts if working right

okay thanks mine is are carbed btw

Tomisimo
03-14-2010, 08:56 AM
The EFi engine will put out stady 14.4V @ 2000rpm.

beran24
03-15-2010, 05:10 PM
called napa today there suppose to have a set of brushes there for me tomorrow so ill put them in and see what happens.