PDA

View Full Version : New carb

Xaisk
03-14-2010, 08:48 PM
I got my Weber 32/36 installed. It looks really damn nice. It fits perfectly on there.

I started it up.. and it idled PERFECTLY. almost NO flucutation.

I took it for a test run and went through this empty park behind my neighborhood. The performance was beautiful. I got to the main road and started cruising at 45 mph.

I come to a stop sign.. and the idle started to fluctuate like it was with my old carb. NOT NEARLY as bad but still noticeable. Its about a 100-150 RPM up and down flucuation.

I took the car to a friends house picked em up and started to head towards my place and the car wouldnt be able to stay on unless I revved the engine slightly during stop.

I didnt bother with it anymore because I had friends and my girlfriend over.

Now today came and I tryed to start it and it will start.. and shut off instantly. It will rev up for a second upon start and drop. I am going to check my spark plugs for fowling tommorow. I sealed that hole in my intake with JB weld so I shouldnt have coolant flowing in there. I will try and take a look at it before work but now I have a gf and less time haha.

Anybody have any theorys or similiar problems to this when they installed their Weber?

Trying to make the best use of my limited time now :rofl:

cygnus x-1
03-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Vacuum leaks. Always check for vacuum leaks, especially around the base gaskets. doubly so if you used the adapter plates. Also check to see if maybe the idle mixture screws worked loose or something.

C|