PDA

View Full Version : engine stalls every km i go

daniel4valcu
03-15-2010, 03:43 AM
hi guys , i am new in this forum, i am a proud owner of an accord aerodeck 2.0 exi , and i have the pgm-fi light on dash (it lightes on during i drive ),the engine stalls, the rpm goes down to 300-400 rpm and the throttle is useless , i press it and nothing happens .it eventually dies .every time i restart the engine works fine but it lasts a few miles .the ecu flashes 12 or 13 lights by the way .i went to services and they said that everything is okay on the car ....fuel pump, fuel filter,injectors, sparks ....i really don't know what is wrong .please help

Dr_Snooz
03-15-2010, 05:39 AM
Read this thread and then post up the ECU code.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26342

daniel4valcu
03-15-2010, 06:31 AM
it blinks once ,stoppes,and in a few moments it blinks 10 times

daniel4valcu
03-15-2010, 06:38 AM
this problem showed up since the time belt broke, and the mecanics tried to figure out what's what whithout checking the belt , i replaced the ecu with another one , it's smaller but from another accord aerodeck 2.0exi .with the old one it didn't work at all (it reved to 2000 revs and then it died to the next restart)

Dr_Snooz
03-15-2010, 01:46 PM
this problem showed up since the time belt broke, and the mecanics tried to figure out what's what whithout checking the belt , i replaced the ecu with another one , it's smaller but from another accord aerodeck 2.0exi .with the old one it didn't work at all (it reved to 2000 revs and then it died to the next restart)

Ah. Frankenstein easter egging. My favorite.

Without knowing anything, I would consider swapping in the correct ECU for starters. Failing that, read on.

You're in Romania, so that will make it difficult. If my US 1989 manual is applicable at all to a Romanian car (probably not), then code 1 indicates a bad oxygen sensor. Code 10 indicates a bad intake air temp sensor. That does not mean that you should run out and buy those parts, only that there is a potential problem in those circuits that needs to be corrected. The US 1989 factory service manual is available here (http://honda.roadpwnage.com/manuals/pages/usdm-accord-1989-full.php). The Russian 1986 manual is available here (http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html). You'll have to kinda figure it out based on the two. The Russian manual doesn't have much about trouble codes, so I'm going to say start with the O2 sensor (p. 12-20) and intake air temp sensor (12-34) checks in the '89 manual. See if those sensors check out okay. If your car looks nothing at all like the '89 manual, then go to the Russian one. The 1989 symptom chart with trouble codes starts on p. 12-10. The Russian symptom chart without trouble codes starts on p. 12-14.

Oh, and pray for someone else to come along who knows more about this than I do...

Keep us posted.

Oldblueaccord
03-18-2010, 05:33 AM

I would first check the timing belt is on correctly and the camshaft and crankshaft alignment marks align correctly when the motor is stopped at Top Dead Center, TDC.

When the motor is running and fully warmed up I would check the timing also and set it to the book. I would also set the idle at about 800 rpm if you can.

wp