PDA

View Full Version : hatches..why

2oodoor
03-15-2010, 04:09 AM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/th_0315000837.jpgwhy do these door panels split and how can they be fixed, at the top by the window..
Im looking at a pristene hatch with 84K miles, otherwise the interior is remarkably preserved.
All black moulding on exterior is either peeling off or faded 13 shades of grey...

Lxi, no rust
champaign color, with white hood and chocolate interior their asking 1000 for it but Im skeptical as of yet

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0315000838.jpg

lostforawhile
03-15-2010, 06:30 AM
yep, you remove the door panels, and there are about 400000699 screws holding that piece to the lower panel. it's a bit tricky to cover that piece, but get ahold of me and i'll help you.

2oodoor
03-15-2010, 06:35 AM
this car drives good, slow as crap but Im used to the B20..
a rare opportunity to get a decent hatch, Im on the fence still though only I need to sell the dx sedan (silver A20a1)

edit
for sale, cheap 86 dx, 5 speed, 32/36 weber not much else done to it, I will be taking the 15 inch steelies off to put on this car.. dx runs out good, real good actually 3/15/10

2ndGenGuy
03-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Time for an upgrade, roodoo! You're buying an injected 3geez? :-o

2oodoor
03-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Time for an upgrade, roodoo! You're buying an injected 3geez? :-o

yeah .. i know
Ive been keeping an eye out for these simply because there arent that many of them around here. This one having such low mileage on it seems like a cherry pick to me. Still plagued with oil leaks from the age though.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0315000838a.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0315000837.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0315000839.jpg

lostforawhile
03-15-2010, 11:18 AM
roodoo the oil leaks are simple and easy to fix, pretty much any car from this era will leak oil, new oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket with grommets, dizzy o ring, oil filter adapter gasket, possibly cam seal or crank seal, nothing beyond what you are capable of, if you come down to vist again, get your material for the pieces on the doors and i'll cover them for you. I need to redo mine with imitation leather anyway. I know of several sites where you can order the foam backed material really reasonable.

Dr_Snooz
03-15-2010, 12:50 PM
I think you're referring to the window trim that bakes in the sun and splits and cracks and flakes off. You can pull it off and repaint it. You'll need to prep the metal before doing it, but the catch is that the flaky coating is one piece with the weatherstripping. If you scrape it all the way down to bare metal, then water will run into your door. You have to scrape the flakies away while leaving the weatherstrip. Scrape in a straight line because it will still be visible after painting so if it's all squirrely, it will show like mine does.

Meh.

lostforawhile
03-15-2010, 12:53 PM
I think he was talking about the vinyl at the top of the door upholstery, it also splits and cracks, it's pretty straightforward to replace but takes time and it's tricky to stretch the new vinyl around the ends, especially the back.

2oodoor
03-15-2010, 01:16 PM
yes Snooz that too though, that stuff is peeling off on the pass side too , car must have been parked with right side facing west. lol

can you believe the mileage, hell my 2004 ford has about the same mileage and considered "low mileage"

charliekuney
03-15-2010, 01:20 PM
champaign color, with white hood and chocolate interiort

Misty Beige/SSM with a mauve interior?

Civic Accord Honda
03-15-2010, 02:15 PM
wow thats a minter! good luck man hope it works out for you

gp02a0083
03-15-2010, 03:18 PM
the door panels are really easy to swap over, i took black tops off a coupe interior panel to switch from the tan tops when i had the 2 tone dash in there. there's a bunch of screws and rivets that hold the back of the panel together, took me about an hour if i remember right to swap them over. and another thing i dont know why the hatches do this almost every one i have seen is ripped up front near the vent

Dr_Snooz
03-15-2010, 03:19 PM
yes Snooz that too though, that stuff is peeling off on the pass side too , car must have been parked with right side facing west. lol

Oh, yeah, that too. Honda figured out how to keep the dash and rear decks from splitting all to heck by the 3rd generation, but the tops of the door panels were overlooked. I will probably take my panels apart at some point and take those pieces to the upholstery shop. My rear panels are doing it too, but as I have a coupe, it's a little more difficult to remove those. Every coupe at the yard is splitting just like that. I haven't noticed it on the sedans though.

I'm trying to think of a patch for that that won't look lame, but so far, I'm coming up empty. Maybe someone else has a better idea than I do.

Civic Accord Honda
03-15-2010, 04:31 PM
yeah every hatch i see seems to be split there, i dont see as many sedans split there but i know mine was starting to lol

lostforawhile
03-16-2010, 03:00 AM
the door panels are really easy to swap over, i took black tops off a coupe interior panel to switch from the tan tops when i had the 2 tone dash in there. there's a bunch of screws and rivets that hold the back of the panel together, took me about an hour if i remember right to swap them over. and another thing i dont know why the hatches do this almost every one i have seen is ripped up front near the vent

the material is stretched tightest there so as it shrinks over time it starts to rip. also near the vent windows it does the same thing. There are just screws holding the panel in no rivets. The plastic piece under the material tends to crack and break, but can re repaired really easy with fiberglass from the backside. the material is vinyl with 1/16 foam backing, thats where it gets it's shape, I know of several sources for that particular material, it's hard to find if you don't know where to look.

2oodoor
03-16-2010, 11:00 AM
well, it's ours now...
why why why.... now there are 3 three geez in the yard. woo hoo.
The guy broke the rear compartment slider since yesterday, friggen pisses me off, it was mint. People just don't know how to operate that thing.
He bought the car at who knows how cheap, to resell. I was hoping he would let me to it first, but anyway since it was so cherry I bit the bullet. Even in the shape it is in there are still lots of areas of attention needed to restore it.
It is an 87 Lxi hatch.. auto, yes slushbox but I don't care about that really it's not for racing.. not yet anyway, I just want to get it like new.
It has the crappy armrest, which is broke off actualy, just like I figure one would but just never saw one broke right at the "pod" base. I need an SEi armrest like my DX. Time to go yarding.
I need visors, console, improved electric window operation, radio stereo, possibly LT side axle cv ( I may have one from the swapped sedan)
RT side headlignt wont flip down, Needs some paint work and trim. and still has oil leaking .

i looked in the usual places and I do not see a spec of rust on this car!
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0315000839a-1.jpg
Here is the worse view I neglected to reveal yesterday....

lostforawhile
03-16-2010, 11:17 AM
well, it's ours now...
why why why.... now there are 3 three geez in the yard. woo hoo.
The guy broke the rear compartment slider since yesterday, friggen pisses me off, it was mint. People just don't know how to operate that thing.
He bought the car at who knows how cheap, to resell. I was hoping he would let me to it first, but anyway since it was so cherry I bit the bullet. Even in the shape it is in there are still lots of areas of attention needed to restore it.
It is an 87 Lxi hatch.. auto, yes slushbox but I don't care about that really it's not for racing.. not yet anyway, I just want to get it like new.
It has the crappy armrest, which is broke off actualy, just like I figure one would but just never saw one broke right at the "pod" base. I need an SEi armrest like my DX. Time to go yarding.
I need visors, console, improved electric window operation, radio stereo, possibly LT side axle cv ( I may have one from the swapped sedan)
RT side headlignt wont flip down, Needs some paint work and trim. and still has oil leaking .

i looked in the usual places and I do not see a spec of rust on this car!
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0315000839a-1.jpg
Here is the worse view I neglected to reveal yesterday....

good deal, get it running good and solid and bring it down one weekend and i'll help you fix the cosmetic stuff. I owe you one for finding me my rear bumper anyway.

2oodoor
03-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Oh, yeah, that too. Honda figured out how to keep the dash and rear decks from splitting all to heck by the 3rd generation, but the tops of the door panels were overlooked. I will probably take my panels apart at some point and take those pieces to the upholstery shop. My rear panels are doing it too, but as I have a coupe, it's a little more difficult to remove those. Every coupe at the yard is splitting just like that. I haven't noticed it on the sedans though.

I'm trying to think of a patch for that that won't look lame, but so far, I'm coming up empty. Maybe someone else has a better idea than I do.

I think a hard vinyl piece, such as they use in new cars (first saw that stuff in a M3 bimmer but everybody is using it now) could be made to work there too.
Oh and my 94 Civic had the same black peeling off chrome trim issue too, so Honda hadn't figured it out even by then either.

2ndGenGuy
03-16-2010, 01:05 PM
...pretty much any Honda will leak oil...

Fixed. :werd: It's just something I've come to accept.

lostforawhile
03-16-2010, 01:25 PM
they aren't leaking, they are marking their territory

2ndGenGuy
03-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Haha. It's true. It's damn obvious which parking spot at work is mine.

lostforawhile
03-16-2010, 02:05 PM
swap the manual and webber in from your other car and the b20!! the auto sucks big time.

Dr_Snooz
03-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Congrats Roo! You'll make it epic I know.

Civic Accord Honda
03-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Congrats roo she looks like a great project! keep us posted!

the 4th gen doesn't which is odd.. it was leaking like a qt out every 200 miles from the rear main then one day just completely stopped leaking and thats been like 4 months now... still no leakage haha, it leaks out the exhaust however...

AccordB20A
04-03-2010, 06:07 PM
roodoo should offer me a "acceptable" amount for the b18 bellhousing i has then he can make himself a 5 speed b20a

hammer3rd
04-04-2010, 05:14 AM
I have a brand new front bumper cover for sell. If interisted make me an offer.

2oodoor
04-13-2010, 09:27 AM
OK, suppose this is my official announcment and update thread for the new hatch addition...
I had surgery last week and was bombarded with pollen and weather issues before that so today Is the first chance I felt like doing something to it.
It had been sounding like a subaru, kind of a skip but not really ya know?
Also it was pinging at highway speed with no load and I knew that couldnt be good either. Mileage was lousy, around 20.. power was all at the bottom, just off idle then poof it really wasnt torquey at all.
So, I pulled the cam cover off and loosened the bracket that holds the AC hose bracket so that I could see a clear view of the flywheel marks.
I removed all the spark plugs (new) so there would be no compression and I could turn the motor over easy by hand. Sure enough, the cam timing marks were lined up with the wrong marks on the flywheel. Someone had it timed up to the red mark. There are so many marks on the flywheel, it is easy to get confused. EVen some books do not reference the correct mark to set the valve timing with.
I used the "T" mark which is near by the green dot. I loosened up the tensioner, which can be done outside of the cover without removing anything. Then slid off the T belt very carefully and turned the cam gear one knotch... slid it back on. Lucky for me this went without a hitch this time. Then I turned the motor over via a rachet and 17mm socket thru the wheel well, about 1.5 revolutions then tightened up the tensioner bolt (12mm)

Wow what a difference, nice bit of power now and no "almost" misfire sounds...

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0413001312.jpg

2oodoor
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Yes this car is fairly clean, and plans are to keep it stock. Most work done will be restorative.
I have some A20 performance parts I am not using but I havent decided if I want to go that route with this car or not. My kid and I will be driving this over the summer and MPG/comfort/style is the goal on this one.

2ndGenGuy
04-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Man you gotta love easy fixes like that. :) So, how do you like the fuel injection?

2oodoor
04-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Man you gotta love easy fixes like that. :) So, how do you like the fuel injection?

same as always, I never was against it, just I feel like carbs are the way to go for raw dog power and fun. When comparing the two, I will usually take the side of carbs for my own reasons, one being I understand how they work and most people who chose to debate against carbs do not understand them which is why they don't like them.
And Yes I understand EFI quite well, as well:cheers:

2oodoor
04-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Ok I got half the mouldings reblacked this afternoon, I will do the front and drivers side in a few days. The plastic coating was peeling off the window threshold mouldings so I peeled it all off and wet sanded with 320 then 800. I recaulked behind those so water wont get in there under the moulding. I had to remove the pop out window which was very easy but one of the hinge fasterner seemed to break. It is not holding well so I will have to take the window out again to see how I can tighten that up. I used Wurth semi gloss black moulding paint automotive, which is great stuff.
I will post a better final product pic when I get more light, it got dark on me after I was done!

]
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0414001904.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0414001904a.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0414002005-1.jpg

lostforawhile
04-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Looking good, more details on the paint, my moldings are up in my garage loft.It's odd how you can have a car all apart yet still know where everything is.

Civic Accord Honda
04-14-2010, 08:03 PM
nice lookin good!! , i wish i could fix my timing problem but theres no marks on my flywheel :huh:

2oodoor
04-15-2010, 04:33 AM
I refuse to disassemble this car like that, I have buckets and coolers of parts now from just the two sedans. Threw away just as much too.
Im going to JY today and see if there is an LXI sedan front bumpe cover and hood in beige, and large console armrest. The plastic clip nut thing that the screw goes in for the hatch side window broke, lower one. Should be easy enough to make something else work there so the window wont sag.

CAH, get your crankshaft key way up , remove all plugs so you can turn the motor over freely..watch for the number one pistion to come up TDC ...then mark your flywheel bud...

lostforawhile
04-15-2010, 05:52 AM
I refuse to disassemble this car like that, I have buckets and coolers of parts now from just the two sedans. Threw away just as much too.
Im going to JY today and see if there is an LXI sedan front bumpe cover and hood in beige, and large console armrest. The plastic clip nut thing that the screw goes in for the hatch side window broke, lower one. Should be easy enough to make something else work there so the window wont sag.

CAH, get your crankshaft key way up , remove all plugs so you can turn the motor over freely..watch for the number one pistion to come up TDC ...then mark your flywheel bud...

it's too bad it's not an 89, i would send you a couple of spare windows, remember there are two kinds of vent windows, the mountings are not interchangeable, I found this out the hard way. you need windows from an 86-early 87 to get the right hardware.

Civic Accord Honda
04-18-2010, 03:09 AM

good idea man! ill do that when the weather allows :D

charliekuney
04-18-2010, 12:50 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0413001312.jpg

That's how nice my first coupe's engine bay was. :(

http://i43.tinypic.com/2jb15c0.jpg

lostforawhile
04-18-2010, 02:32 PM
That's how nice my first coupe's engine bay was. :(

http://i43.tinypic.com/2jb15c0.jpg

It might be the camera, but check your motor mounts, I know the engine leans but that has a LOT of lean. check the motor mount near the timing belt to see if it's broke or worn, the motor will lean away from the mount if it is.

Civic Accord Honda
04-18-2010, 02:39 PM
It might be the camera, but check your motor mounts, I know the engine leans but that has a LOT of lean. check the motor mount near the timing belt to see if it's broke or worn, the motor will lean away from the mount if it is.

:lol: :lol: :bowrofl:

lostforawhile
04-18-2010, 03:09 PM
well mine has some lean but nothing close to that, and i have all new mounts

charliekuney
04-18-2010, 05:04 PM

well mine has some lean but nothing close to that, and i have all new mounts

I don't get it.

lostforawhile
04-18-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't get it.
I think it's just CAH talking out his ass, It looked like the engine was leaned way over.

charliekuney
04-18-2010, 06:02 PM
^ I think it's because of the damage, and the awkward angle of the picture.

2oodoor
04-19-2010, 04:28 AM
not even close Charlie wtf.. besides why post a pic of a wrecked one to even attempt comparison? thats ok im going to start the project thread for this car soon and transfer the pics...
I picked up a 88-89 bumper, it will not tighten up for some reason, I was tired by the time I got to that so I will figiure it out. Bolts tight, even snapped one off ughhh..
Since Im going with black side moulding, the later style bumper completes the line around the car where as the early style really doesnt IMO. I will finally use the clear corners I got that go well with clear lense ts yay.
Also on saturday I went out of town to a pull a part and found some rare parts. Sei cupholders, large style console matching color already! Im considering going back next weekend to get the disc brake conversion.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0418001701.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0418001702.jpg

charliekuney
04-19-2010, 04:39 PM
not even close Charlie wtf.. besides why post a pic of a wrecked one to even attempt comparison?

I'm sure it's pretty damn close, even with having 100k+ on your car. And, I didn't have the car long enough to take pictures of the engine bay before the wreck. With a nice bath, even after the wreck, that car's bay would look just as nice.

2oodoor
04-20-2010, 05:49 AM
I'm sure it's pretty damn close, even with having 100k+ on your car. And, I didn't have the car long enough to take pictures of the engine bay before the wreck. With a nice bath, even after the wreck, that car's bay would look just as nice.

Check again freind your engine is fiilthy disgusting compared to mine. WTF dude..And my car has 84K miles, if you had read the thread you would have known that.
If the thread had been about engine bay tidyness I could see you posting your dirty wrecked ass coupe there for all to see, but since is was a hatchback thread and you don't have a hatchback PLUS it was semi quazzie my hatch progress thread again WTF ... then you come back to argue..:stick:

stat1K
04-20-2010, 06:14 AM
right like what's with the comparison? of course it's "close" it's an a20a3... the engine that came in my coupe was "close" too... know why? it was an a20a3...

i'm gonna start a thread on comparisons of 3geez and how similar all the 3geez are to each other...

that deserves another ellipsis:

maybe one more...

2oodoor
04-20-2010, 06:59 AM
... and a few ellipisis more...:thumbup:

dot dot dot, a habit I guess I should break, that and starting post with lower case for first word... where is Charlie's thread...I need to drop some ellipisis...looks like deer pooP.

lostforawhile
04-20-2010, 07:27 AM
this thread is turning into a ............................http://badattitudes.com/MT/archives/pissing_contest.jpg:bowrofl:

stat1K
04-20-2010, 10:23 AM
... and a few ellipisis more...:thumbup:

dot dot dot, a habit I guess I should break, that and starting post with lower case for first word... where is Charlie's thread...I need to drop some ellipisis...looks like deer pooP.

oh i wasn't talking trash about your typing roodoo, i do the same exact thing. i hope it wasn't taken that way, i was doing it because in real life that's what i would be doing, "..."

pausing to find words or for dramatic effect.

2oodoor
04-20-2010, 01:55 PM
oh I know I know... I didn't take it that way at all stat1k, I sensed the sarcasm beside me not in front:thumbup:
im trying to stay motivated, two days in a row nothing done to car...:omg: I gotta get steam to got to columbia and get the sei rear susp and brake set up, also got it in my mind to paint the bitch asap too. I need to look closer at the cracking paint and how bad it is on the sides, I really dont think I would be up to stripping it before next month with all the other stuff I need to do. I got the roof down decent with a da but I need to see how well sealer will hold up on it.
On a side note I doubt under the hood of my sedan looks like ANY other 3geez so I will be looking for that thread LOL

charliekuney
04-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Check again freind your engine is fiilthy disgusting compared to mine. WTF dude..And my car has 84K miles, if you had read the thread you would have known that.

I do know that your hatch has 84k, and I stated that my car had over 100k on top of yours, and still looked just as nice. In that picture, it had been sitting for several months, and got quite dirty. Either way, your car is just a hatch, now with an mismatched bumper.

right like what's with the comparison? of course it's "close" it's an a20a3... the engine that came in my coupe was "close" too... know why? it was an a20a3...

i'm gonna start a thread on comparisons of 3geez and how similar all the 3geez are to each other...

And you say I provide nothing towards this forum? In the year I've been here, I've yet to see you add anything relatively useful for anyone. I was comparing the looks of the engines, not the engines themselves. Are you really that fucking stupid, old man?

On a side note I doubt under the hood of my sedan looks like ANY other 3geez so I will be looking for that thread LOL

Who said anything about your sedan? Check out Xybris' car.

Civic Accord Honda
04-20-2010, 05:27 PM
....oh my........

cubert
04-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Charlie...you posted a picture of a busted ass engine that was nowhere close to as clean as roodoos car and you get your panties in a bunch when you get called out on it?

Find a wetnap and clean the sand out of your vagina, for everyones sake.

charliekuney
04-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Busted ass? Excuse me, but that car still ran after being totaled. I have absolutely no care in roodoo and static confronting me about how they think the car wasn't as nice, but their ignorance and stupidity is what gets me. And, queue one of them:

86AccordLxi
04-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Would you just shut the fuck up already.

charliekuney
04-20-2010, 06:10 PM
No, actually. And luckily for you, there's absolutely nothing you can fucking do about it.

lostforawhile
04-20-2010, 07:11 PM
http://www.thesunblog.com/gourmetgal/popcorn.jpg
http://fattiefatterton.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/popcorn.jpg
http://www.popcornmachinesale.com/images/popcorn4.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JtqnQLlLUwk/SxJRXTuldvI/AAAAAAAACtY/jgKDzc30oxg/s1600/JERRY_SPRINGER_SINGER_SEARCH_0_0_0x0_660x491.jpg
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=277http://jmn.fadainc.com/funnypics/derailment.jpg

ShyBoyCA6
04-20-2010, 07:16 PM
I want popcorn

lostforawhile
04-20-2010, 07:18 PM
http://ui25.gamespot.com/1816/ibtl_2.gif http://static.flickr.com/34/112239356_75210b44b1_o.jpg

bobafett
04-20-2010, 09:09 PM
:wave:

blazin3gen
04-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Roodo the hatch looks great bro, clean ass engine baY!

And wtf..

charlie getting banned for that shit? really?

Civic Accord Honda
04-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Roodo the hatch looks great bro, clean ass engine baY!

And wtf..

charlie getting banned for that shit? really?
well im sure this is why....

Would you just shut the fuck up already.

No, actually. And luckily for you, there's absolutely nothing you can fucking do about it.

LX-incredible
04-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Good riddance. I was getting sick of that fool crying and posting pictures of his beat-ass sideswiped cars.

Very clean engine there roodoo!

lostforawhile
04-21-2010, 03:43 AM
we haven't had an old fashioned banning for quite a while, now we just need cleanup on isle 3 for this thread and it will be good to go, car looks good Roodoo :eatarrow:

stat1K
04-21-2010, 04:59 AM
i know i'm amazed it was him before me...

for the record i'd like to defend my honor, i've provided several useful posts there just in threads he knows nothing about so hasn't bothered whoring.

damn wish i would have stayed up and watched this lol...

2oodoor
04-21-2010, 06:14 AM
yeah really... while we sleep...
hatches...whores....why :kekeke:

stat1K
04-21-2010, 06:34 AM
lol roodoo you crazy...

what color are you thinking on the hatch? just a respray or a color change?

ShyBoyCA6
04-21-2010, 08:16 AM
And what honor is that stat1k? Lol jk

And I'm surprized you didn't get banned when you and charlie went at it on another thread lol

2oodoor
04-21-2010, 09:58 AM
lol roodoo you crazy...

what color are you thinking on the hatch? just a respray or a color change?

same color or very close to it anyway, I don't think it would take much paint to do this car as long as there are not spots all over it. I sprayed a cavalier type hatchback with a qt and a half before, this is very similar to that.

My neighbor has some white Imron for free but I dunno, never saw a white hatch before.. zomgwtfbbqfritos

2ndGenGuy
04-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Me either... never seen a white hatch.

ShyBoyCA6
04-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Um guys doesn't itsDave have a white hatch?

stat1K
04-21-2010, 10:42 AM
no dude, there are no white hatchs at all man.

2ndGenGuy
04-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Nope, Dave does not have a white hatch. Neither does Mark, Meelix, Rendon, Mike, Knarg, Catalyst, Roach...

See: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=4031188&id=724677105

I don't think Honda even made any white hatches at all. Definitely not a factory option.

ShyBoyCA6
04-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Oh ok I thought there was at least one I saw somewhere but could of been a coupe so back on toppic

lostforawhile
04-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Nope, Dave does not have a white hatch. Neither does Mark, Meelix, Rendon, Mike, Knarg, Catalyst, Roach...

See: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=4031188&id=724677105

I don't think Honda even made any white hatches at all. Definitely not a factory option.

huh? I hope you are being sarcastic, the white hachbacks 86 to 89 all came greek white NH-82 usually with a blue interior. The white is a nod to Japanese racing history and to their F1 wins. It's traditional that Japanese race cars were white, just like British race cars were often green.
here's a great link with traditional racing colors.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_auto_racing_colors

2ndGenGuy
04-21-2010, 11:20 AM
No way man. I'm as srs as srs gets. Maybe you should go back and look at your Honda history. They've never made a white car, period. Championship White is a lie.

2oodoor
04-21-2010, 11:26 AM
hatches...whores... white hatches... whores with white hatches...:devil:why.. why .why

lostforawhile
04-21-2010, 11:41 AM
this would look good on a hatchback, vintage decals http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/Mike%20Garrett/Honda%20Collection%20Hall/hondahall8.jpg

lostforawhile
04-21-2010, 11:48 AM
here's a scale model of the very first honda F1 car, it made it to 10th place in the 1964 German grand prix but dropped out due to suspension damage it's the Honda RA271 F1 , and yes it was white, http://6928.teacup.com/yuzu/img/.sh-EB22004d.jpg

SZfiftyfour
04-21-2010, 12:02 PM
^:redx:
not convinced

ShyBoyCA6
04-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Lol come on guys calm down let's not argue about it.

SZfiftyfour
04-21-2010, 12:41 PM

Hey roodoo hatch is looking great. Cant wait to see it with the bumper on. The only other facelift hatch i remember seeing was Guaynabo's. Definitely a fan of that look. We need whole-car pics when its done :thumbup:

stat1K
04-21-2010, 12:56 PM
No way man. I'm as srs as srs gets. Maybe you should go back and look at your Honda history. They've never made a white car, period. Championship White is a lie.

this man speaks TROOF!

i want a shirt john, one that says, "championship white is a lie!" ~John @ 3geez.com

i'll talk to joay about it lol...

2drSE-i
04-21-2010, 01:06 PM

Hey roodoo hatch is looking great. Cant wait to see it with the bumper on. The only other facelift hatch i remember seeing was Guaynabo's. Definitely a fan of that look. We need whole-car pics when its done :thumbup:

Legend_master's old hatch was facelift as well. Its been a few years since hes posted pics of that one though.

lostforawhile
04-21-2010, 01:33 PM
There is someone who makes the Motul motor oil sticker on ebay, now thats old school!! It's primarily a Japanese motorcycle oil but it was very popular to run in the smaller race honda's, If it's still made and available I'll bet the A20 would like it too,

Civic Accord Honda
04-21-2010, 02:25 PM
yeah man that hatch we had that i thought was white was really blue ! white hatchs do not exist !!!!!!!!!

cant wait to see the progress roo keep it up :)

Mellexx
04-21-2010, 02:51 PM
damn I always miss the good threads! :banned:

John you spelled my name wrong :p

this man speaks TROOF!

i want a shirt john, one that says, "championship white is a lie!" ~John @ 3geez.com

i'll talk to joay about it lol...
stat1K I <3 you for this I want one too!

excuse those off topics but Back to the topic

I love the color of it as it is! looking forward to seeing it after the respray!

Hazwan
04-21-2010, 02:53 PM
^^ Thats a pink hatch

86AccordLxi
04-21-2010, 03:01 PM
There is someone who makes the Motul motor oil sticker on ebay, now thats old school!! It's primarily a Japanese motorcycle oil but it was very popular to run in the smaller race honda's, If it's still made and available I'll bet the A20 would like it too,

Motul motor oil is still made/sold..... it's just not cheap.

Pico
04-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Damm I Missed all the fun.

Back on topic
Hatch is Sweet Roodoo
Probably best to start your build thread now, since this one went off course for a bit

cubert
04-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Motul motor oil is still made/sold..... it's just not cheap.

Not cheap is an understatement...

I just ordered a case for a guy at work, retail price is somewhere around 16 bucks a quart.

Ill stick with putting 10 dollar a quart motorcycle oil in my car :thumbup:

Civic Accord Honda
04-21-2010, 08:33 PM
$2 a quart supertech walmart oil ftw

AccordB20A
04-22-2010, 09:24 PM
waste oil from work ftw in my car.

looks tidy roodoo!

accordion89
04-22-2010, 11:25 PM
:facepalm:

lostforawhile
04-24-2010, 06:38 AM
I'm sure it's pretty damn close, even with having 100k+ on your car. And, I didn't have the car long enough to take pictures of the engine bay before the wreck. With a nice bath, even after the wreck, that car's bay would look just as nice. http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7610/pwntanien4.gif just found it and had to post it :lol::rolleyes::nuts::rofl:

Bass Man
04-25-2010, 08:18 PM
You missed me, John... I guess because it's not done, though. :P

2oodoor
04-26-2010, 02:42 PM
I dont think I like the clear corner lights, I got them last year and just now put them on something. Three options, I will smoke them out, I will sell them, or I will have vinyl graphic made to simulate a light and put it on the flip light mouldings.
I had some black reflective (to gold) vinyl I had the idea to put that on the mouldings and the grill. Here is a teaser pic, the flash made it reflect white but in reality it does a gold metalic.
Still need to get another light panel on the drivers side its bent up, then I will take the bumper back off and fix the bumper mounts. After that I will adjust all the hood, and lights to align properly.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0426000657a.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0426000657.jpg
I know.. im dicking around doing stupid shit to it when I should be getting the car up to par

DBMaster
04-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Too late now for this tip, but high end window tint that absorbs/blocks UV light will prevent the vinyl on the door panels from deteriorating. My car is proof. The top of the back seat still looks mint, too. Once you redo the panels it's worth the money for the tint. I had to replace my 1991 vintage tint last year and the newer non-laminated tint should last even longer.

2oodoor
04-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Too late now for this tip, but high end window tint that absorbs/blocks UV light will prevent the vinyl on the door panels from deteriorating. My car is proof. The top of the back seat still looks mint, too. Once you redo the panels it's worth the money for the tint. I had to replace my 1991 vintage tint last year and the newer non-laminated tint should last even longer.

for sure.. everything on that side of the car got toasted which bites because the rest of it was immaculate. I have seen some good panels in the JY, just need to see how the panel comes apart so I know if I need both sides because none of the ones I found matched really.. would need dye plus the center upholstered panel is different. Of course there is the option to recover both sides too like Tim said.
I am a big fan of window tint.. they just dont make sun visors long enough for me lol. I have the seat all the way back and then some.

lostforawhile
04-26-2010, 05:17 PM
for sure.. everything on that side of the car got toasted which bites because the rest of it was immaculate. I have seen some good panels in the JY, just need to see how the panel comes apart so I know if I need both sides because none of the ones I found matched really.. would need dye plus the center upholstered panel is different. Of course there is the option to recover both sides too like Tim said.
I am a big fan of window tint.. they just dont make sun visors long enough for me lol. I have the seat all the way back and then some.

roo dude bring the panels down here one weekend and I'll make a weekend out of recovering em for you, no charge!! you just need to get the material. I can recover panels like Ray charles could feel up a woman in the dark lol.

jasonrebellion
04-27-2010, 06:00 PM
I can recover panels like Ray charles could feel up a woman in the dark lol.

that made my day, thanks!

A18A
05-11-2010, 12:26 AM
hatch looks good, have fun aligning the front panels!!! i always hated that job lol

2oodoor
09-12-2010, 01:17 PM
update on the hatch.. nothing at all done to it over the summer. too d a m n hot really it was.
I need to 1200 wetsand the hood and lids so the semi black looks right, I did this on the first stage and it looked pretty good but I had DA scratches still in it so thats taken care of now. The JDM corners finish off the eyelids pretty decent I think. Probably dechrome that grill further, then its time to get some paint on the rest of the car. Seriously need to get back on adjusting the whole front end some more too, dam light doors still out of whack, radiator suppt bent some:banghead:
I did replace the passenger inside door panel with one from a coupe, taken apart and swap bottoms. Installed SEI console, and thats about all done since the beginning of the thread.
Still have a random skip at low rpms, annoying and I have a hunch somebody adjusted the valves wrong when they were messing with the timing belt being out a tooth. Runs out strong otherwise and skip goes away or seems to, I havnt given the car as much attention as I think it needs right now.:ugh:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/P9121037.jpg

2oodoor
09-13-2010, 06:35 AM
just found and bought these at pull a part, not sure If I would use them or not.. not much hardware they just slide on at the top and have adhesive hooks to the glass on the bottom. all aluminum though
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0913001007.jpg

charliekuney
09-13-2010, 11:14 AM
^ Mike (mykwikcoupe) would pay a killing for those.

2oodoor
09-13-2010, 12:00 PM
I just laid them up on the car, the last louver is bent slightly but it looks easy to streighten out then paint.
Still undecided though, I had an 85 Cavalier type T and I had them on it and this car reminds me of it.. oddly enough . Hell I loved that car, it had manual rack and a OHV 2 liter that looked like a SB v8 cut in half. OEM tube headers and cast valve cover etc..
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0913001517.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/0913001517a.jpg

HERBERT
09-13-2010, 12:50 PM
the louvers seem kinda.......:squint::squint: wavey

2oodoor
09-13-2010, 01:36 PM
yes like I said the last one on the bottom is bent, they just came out of the yard and I threw them up on the car to see if I like them or not. The bend is not bad and if you look at them from behind they are evenly spaced except that one corner. It's rigid aluminum and yes the pics are horrible :hs: there not fastened or cleaned

edit.. sounds like im defending keeping them on..

HERBERT
09-13-2010, 02:11 PM
well i was just meaning it looks like somone layed somthing on the rights side
im not trying to be a dick i just wasnt sure if it was the picture or if im completely wrong

2oodoor
09-13-2010, 02:28 PM
well i was just meaning it looks like somone layed somthing on the rights side
im not trying to be a dick i just wasnt sure if it was the picture or if im completely wrong

yes you are seeing correctly it has had something lay on it and the pic is soaking up all kinds of light. Its just that corner, about a ten inch square area where the thing is bent some between the brace and the edge. Once I pull it in and roll that last blade streight it should be ok. The space is even all the way across on the rest of the blades(louvers) and there is a dirt ring on all of them on the right side that gives an optical illusion too. Must be right where a limb or something was laying on it.
The rest of the car was just nasty like it was under a tree with the windows down a couple of years. I wouldnt have gone inside this car... scared of natural occuring anthrax or something:lol:

HERBERT
09-13-2010, 02:41 PM
The rest of the car was just nasty like it was under a tree with the windows down a couple of years. I wouldnt have gone inside this car... scared of natural occuring anthrax or something:lol:

ha ha:rofl:
you breath it in then:barf:

but they do look good

charliekuney
09-13-2010, 03:08 PM
edit.. sounds like im defending keeping them on..

Good! They look great on your hatch.

2ndGenGuy
09-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Are they OEM louvers? They look great. Saw them on Dave's hatch in person, and they look killer! Make it happen! :)

itzdave
09-14-2010, 09:18 PM
LOUVERS FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
frsrsly!

Civic Accord Honda
09-15-2010, 12:16 AM
car is looking great man with the jdm corners and louvers!!!

2oodoor
11-17-2010, 04:35 AM
the windshield mouldings, like the one on top of the windshield... are they the same on the hatch and sedan? Mine blew off yesterday, I had a leak and so I used liquid electrical tape.. yeah:rolleyes:
... and brushed it on under the moulding and let it set. Evidently I didnt get the moulding snapped on well enough. No leaks though!
Now I need a new moulding though...:uh:

Xaisk
11-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Roodoo you dont know if you are useing those louvers? If now.. what do you want for em? $$$$ wise...

2oodoor
11-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Ive been working on them, you know there was a pushed in place on the right?
I just cleaned up the bonding strip they bolt to and was going to try to mount it up to see how they look. PM me an offer I cant refuse before I do that. They cost too much to ship from what I gather, but then how much does a 37-40" lcd tv cost to ship, the same box & packing could be used...

charliekuney
11-17-2010, 07:34 PM
the windshield mouldings, like the one on top of the windshield... are they the same on the hatch and sedan?

I don't think they're the same on the hatch/coupe as they are on the sedan because the sedan has a steeper window.

estooie
12-06-2010, 05:53 AM
just found and bought these at pull a part, not sure If I would use them or not.. not much hardware they just slide on at the top and have adhesive hooks to the glass on the bottom. all aluminum though
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0913001007.jpg

Damn, I'm jealous. Are those OEM's??? Can I call dibs on buying them off you if you don't use them? :naughty:

2oodoor
12-06-2010, 07:41 AM
I may as well use them because they are too difficult and expensive to ship from what I gather.
I am not sure if they are oem or not, they are very well made I know that much. They look like the oems ive seen here but I dont see any HONDA logo but honestly I haven't looked for it.

Oldblueaccord
12-08-2010, 02:21 PM
I have that type. I don't think there OEM but I don't know what company made them.

wp

estooie
12-12-2010, 01:28 AM
Cool. Who made them? :)

ThePhantum
01-13-2012, 04:46 AM
Nice hatch!! Any updates on this?

2oodoor
01-13-2012, 11:23 AM
nothing to update really, sadly... the louvers are permenantly mounted now correctly except I misplaced the lockers for the bottom.. I know I have them somewhere why why why cant I find them!
anyways, I 3M the corners for now to keep them from bouncing.
I stripped and reprimed the top but never got around to coating it or sealing so I have to sand it again and reprime before painting what ever Im going to do up there.
I replaced the passenger door panel, installed Sei armrest console w/cupholders, repl a cv axle too.

spoiler alert....there is another hatch on the horizon

89HatchbackLxi
01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
I have that type. I don't think there OEM but I don't know what company made them.

wp

That looks like the kind I have as well. You sure they aren't oem?

2oodoor
11-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Bump for wholly rape my thread back in 2010!
Still have done nothing but drive this car, Im hoping to get some paint gun semi black done on the top panels before winter. I need another pair of jdm corners since those got put on the LX last week.
I think the windshield needs to come out, it will not seal for shit and it looks like im able to actually move it some if I push in on it from the inside over On the right side.

Vanilla Sky
11-10-2012, 12:33 AM
So, you're making progress on the hatch as fast as I'm making progress on my coupe?

2oodoor
11-10-2012, 04:54 AM
It's hard to give equal attention to all the babies, you just have to keep them in the weekly loop. It's a good week if they all get changed(oil that is) :birthday:LoL

ghettogeddy
11-10-2012, 12:02 PM
about as much progress as my hatch lol

2ndGenGuy
11-12-2012, 11:11 AM
About as fast as I've made progress on my 2g. :(

charliekuney
11-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Eh, I had quite the fingers.

Sorry roo! (or oor?)