PDA

View Full Version : not sure. plz help

VIPER1988
03-15-2010, 07:13 AM
lately every time i make a sharp left turn while accelerating the engine bogs down unless i release the pedal until i straighten back out. only does it for left turn not right. and only if im on the throttle. any clues what could cause this? THanks

Dr_Snooz
03-15-2010, 12:55 PM
How's the engine run generally? Any power steering issues? How fast are you going when this happens?

I have no idea obviously, so I'm fishing...

charliekuney
03-15-2010, 02:38 PM
My car did this. I think tightening the power steering belt and an oil change did the job.

VIPER1988
03-17-2010, 09:26 AM
fresh synthetic oil, power steering leaks a little, but i keep up with it. belts are new and tightened proper. about 5-10 mph around a ~45degree turn. engine generally runs great.

Dr_Snooz
03-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Are you having any performance issues with the power steering? Does the assist drop out when this happens?

I suspect you will want to change your PS fluid. Please use only Honda fluid or you will get to replace your rack. If the fluid gets old and full of black crud, it can cause the pump to hang up. It's kind of a long shot in your case though.

Another possibility is that you are out of gas and the left turn throws the gas to the other side of the tank....

VIPER1988
03-18-2010, 04:31 AM
gas is full. power steering pump and rack replaced about a year ago, only honda fluid used. steering doesnt go out, just engine bogs down IF holding throttle. if i coast through its fine. :dunno:

Oldblueaccord
03-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Can you check your fuel pressure. it does seem to be something with the fuel pump?

Are you fuel injection or carbed I should ask first.

wp

EDIT: think about this some more look for some fuelines near the master cylinder that are held together with a plastic clip. Mine were pinched by this clip.

VIPER1988
03-18-2010, 02:24 PM
sweet im not the only person on here in tn.

its pgm-fi.
didnt see any clips on the lines by mc.
will check fuel pressure as soon as i can find my gauge.

injectors look like they may be leaking a little bit but i dont smell gas and i cant visibly see it leaking with engine running.

Oldblueaccord
03-18-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm just guessing its some kinda fuel starvation. I don't know if the idle fuel pressure will show anything but its worth a shot.

You might try changing your coil is my only other guess.

wp

VIPER1988
04-17-2010, 04:15 PM
problem is getting worse. its now more random and more often. not just while turning sharp. replaced my leaky injectors and cleaned iacv. didnt change anything. where is the fitting to check fuel pressure and what should it be at?

88cool
04-17-2010, 04:49 PM
I had an S-10 Blazer that would nearly die when in turned hard right. It turned out to be the coil wire. It had rubbed through and was grounding out.
Could be electrical...

Oldblueaccord
04-18-2010, 05:24 AM
problem is getting worse. its now more random and more often. not just while turning sharp. replaced my leaky injectors and cleaned iacv. didnt change anything. where is the fitting to check fuel pressure and what should it be at?

The only test port that I know of is on the fuel filter. The fuel pump could be failing. You might also have junk in your gas tank.

Did you check for that pinch on the fuel return line? Its right near the master cylinder up high. The return should not have anything to do with it just a guess.

Im free next weekend PM some info I got to experience this.

wp

Keachman1
04-18-2010, 05:46 AM
How does the inside of the distributor look? Any rust inside or noises coming from the distributor? Does the rotor button and cap look ok? Spark plug wire resistance acceptable? Just throwing some ideas your way. I live close to you and wouldn't mind helping you and Oldblue figure this one out if you need it.

VIPER1988
04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
really, where u located? plugs, wires, cap, and rotor all have less than 5k miles on them. plugs are ngk iridium, wires are ngk. found that one of my injectors was still leaking, so replaced orings. helped a lot with the stuttering/dying.. hasnt done that since. but i still have idle issues. sometimes to high, sometimes to low, sometimes it revs back and forth. i took the iacv off and cleaned it. didnt make a difference.

Oldblueaccord
04-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Try bleeding your coolant at the bleed point and checking the level. Also you can loosen the lines at the EACV and purge it there as well. Sometimes air gets trapped in there.

wp

VIPER1988
04-22-2010, 08:24 AM
will try that tomorrow. it is still having the hesitation /dying. going to reclean iacv. and purge coolant lines to it, clean throttle body, and seafoam it tomorrow. hopefully this will at least help

Keachman1
05-02-2010, 05:41 AM
Any progress or updates on your issues?

1ajs
05-02-2010, 12:14 PM
motor not sitting level in the engin bay can cause this problem witch is a reult of a motor mount being loose

OldSchool86
05-02-2010, 01:25 PM
do you know if these cars have anti roll fuel cut off system?

1ajs
05-02-2010, 01:44 PM
iless you an imbolizer i doubt it

Demon1024
05-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Coil

I had the same problem.... though mine did it while braking turning left lol

VIPER1988
01-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Moved and didn't have internet for a while. Forgot to come back and update. Found a trans leak at the case seam. Turns out trans was a quart and a half low. Topped it off and it went away. Won't have to worry about it much longer. Got just about everything needed for 5speed swap. Just need cvs, clutch kit, and shift bushings/hardware.