PDA

View Full Version : hit a snag changing tranny please help if u can

headbanger
03-16-2010, 04:17 PM
ok I changed out tranny 3 years ago an did a piss poor job of it.I put it in crooked an starter would drag alot also cross threaded alot of bolts an stuff an left a few out but I am going to do a perfect job this time put everything back to torque specs when I put it back.But anyways my problem is all bolts are removed and it wont seperate from block has anyone else had this problem an if so what did you do.I have beat with a sledge hammer pryed on it with a 6 foot bar an all I can get is a little crack to open between them then it closes back when I stop prying I am positve that there is no bolts left but still no happy ending.please help me.lol

nswst8
03-16-2010, 04:23 PM
You are missing a bolt somewhere. Don't force it. You'll regret it.

89T
03-16-2010, 04:40 PM
top starter bolt needs to be removed.

headbanger
03-16-2010, 04:44 PM
top starter bolt needs to be removed.

ok I didnt take that one out. last time i removed starter i was going to try without removing this time thx.mayne

Ichiban
03-16-2010, 04:44 PM
I was gonna say a starter bolt, or you mutilated the dowel pins that align the bellhousing to the block. Either way, figure it out before you shatter that bellhousing.

headbanger
03-19-2010, 08:04 PM
I got tranny in an took it for a test drive.It changes gears perfect.But when I got back it was pouring fluid from torque converter area.I replaced all seals on tranny.I noticed it looked kind like I had my seal back further than the origanl by a 1/16 of an inch or so thought maybe this was problem but not sure I pulled it back out though.I will get another seal tomorrow.I also wonder if it might be leaking around o-ring on end of converter.I didnt replace it cause only place to get it is dealer.dunno (thoughts)?