PDA

View Full Version : P/S rack bellows

03-16-2010, 05:19 PM
I replaced my rack with a rebuilt one. Everything works great, no more leaky lines and rack but the plastic line that goes between the bellows on each side seems to be ooze some oil on each end. Does this mean the rack i swapped in has leaky seals by the outer tie rods?

lostforawhile
03-16-2010, 05:44 PM
I replaced my rack with a rebuilt one. Everything works great, no more leaky lines and rack but the plastic line that goes between the bellows on each side seems to be ooze some oil on each end. Does this mean the rack i swapped in has leaky seals by the outer tie rods?

i'm not sure, what kind of fluid did you use? i know mine leaked for a little while then stopped, maby the seals have to seat?

03-16-2010, 06:01 PM
It seems to be a bit heavier than P/S fluid. I hope its not the rack leaking!

lostforawhile
03-16-2010, 08:36 PM
It seems to be a bit heavier than P/S fluid. I hope its not the rack leaking!
the only thing that would come out of the rack is power steering fluid

03-21-2010, 06:14 AM
ya my fluid is draining from there. great

parkersnine
03-21-2010, 06:57 AM
Make sure the little clips are on each end of that line. We had a time getting those in. Did you put that line on or did it come with the reman rack? The rack we got did not come with that line. In fact wanted to put a new line on between the bellows but could not find one that would stay on those little male ends. Ended up reuseing the old one.

import racer
03-21-2010, 02:32 PM
The factory windshield washer hose should work.Give it a try.

Dr_Snooz
03-21-2010, 03:44 PM
ya my fluid is draining from there. great

Keep the fluid topped up and ignore the leak until it becomes a real problem. Make sure you buy good parts in the future.