PDA

View Full Version : Registration help

Harrison_Bergeron
03-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Can someone with a CA registered 3g (preferably '89) that does not have any back fees use this calculator to see what the registration would be if it were purchased by someone in Orange County, city other, zip code 92648, for $500. You will need your VIN and plate number.

https://mv.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/usedVehicleForm.do

I found a sweet one with expired tags, and an expired extension. I told the guy I would be willing to pay $500 if the registration penalties were under $100, but I forgot about all the other nonsense the state charges for, so I don't know how many of the listed fees are just because, and which ones are because of this particular vehicle's history.

I'm figuring that I will subtract whatever a cleanly registered car costs from the $200 the calculator tells me this car would cost, and base my bid off of that.

Thanks.

ghettogeddy
03-16-2010, 06:57 PM
i would tell he guy to sell it to you for 1 buck lol but pay him 500 lol

Harrison_Bergeron
03-16-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm thinking I may have him do that, but I'd still like to know which fees are penalties, and which are standard change of ownership fees.

blazin3gen
03-16-2010, 07:32 PM
i would guess the fee's are 300-500 i doubt its under 100 shit your lucky if your reg registration is under 100 lol

what year is are the tags?

Harrison_Bergeron
03-16-2010, 07:40 PM
When I put in the info it says the new registration will be $200. But only $65 are labeled as penalties, however there are 10 other things that I've never heard of in addition to the license and registration fees. If someone puts their VIN and such in and gets $135, then I know that the fees are only $65, and that the preliminary price we discussed is a going to work.

The registration expired in November '09, the extension expired in February.

Civic Accord Honda
03-16-2010, 07:44 PM
my 87 dx came up like $60 and it hasnt been registered since 07 lol i have it non op'd tho

Dr_Snooz
03-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Can someone with a CA registered 3g (preferably '89) that does not have any back fees use this calculator to see what the registration would be if it were purchased by someone in Orange County, city other, zip code 92648, for $500. You will need your VIN and plate number.

https://mv.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/usedVehicleForm.do

I found a sweet one with expired tags, and an expired extension. I told the guy I would be willing to pay $500 if the registration penalties were under $100, but I forgot about all the other nonsense the state charges for, so I don't know how many of the listed fees are just because, and which ones are because of this particular vehicle's history.

I'm figuring that I will subtract whatever a cleanly registered car costs from the $200 the calculator tells me this car would cost, and base my bid off of that.

Thanks.

I think you're straining at gnats. If the car is good, give the guy the money and be happy you got a great car. What is $65 in the grand scheme of things really?

mushroom_toy
03-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Im glad I dont live there. Good god.

MessyHonda
03-17-2010, 03:38 PM
cali sucks...no fun with cars...thanks to the millions that live here

charliekuney
03-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Why does it cost so much to register cars there? My car was like $74. That includes new plates and tabs.

Civic Accord Honda
03-17-2010, 04:39 PM
because cali likes to tax the shit out of everything

Dr_Snooz
03-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Why does it cost so much to register cars there? My car was like $74. That includes new plates and tabs.

The state is broke.

mushroom_toy
03-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Reg which I assume for most of us is just a tag is only $20 here, and around $30 yearly of course, but it also depends on the car.

Harrison_Bergeron
03-17-2010, 04:50 PM
I am buying it, $65 is nothing, but if it were more than that it would put the car over the budget I allocated for the project.

The things that they charge for on the registration are ridiculous, if you use that calculator it is all itemized, and it is nuts.

All that is left to do now is schedule a time to pick it up, with any luck I'll have my Black '89 Coupe by this time tomorrow. Then the next steps will be to get the cooling system working reliably, and get it to pass smog, both of which should be quite simple.