PDA

View Full Version : Engine rebuild starting this weekend!

mushroom_toy
03-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Hopefully...but anyway yeah got my block, head, pistons, and crank back today from the maching shop, and picked up an engine stand last night, so hopefully Tim will be coming down to help this weekend, and hopefully Ill have it mostly put back together. I have most everything just need some assembly lube and some plastigauge for the most part, oh and some fist start oil.

Engine Im rebuilding is a carbed engine, so got the crank polished, block cleaned checked, and bored .20 over. Got .20 over pistons put on and the rods cleaned, etc, and got the head cleaned and new valve stem seals in since I had them in the rebuild kit as well. Gonna be putting in a delta 272, and going itbs with this motor, should make for a pretty fun/aggravating daily. :) Got new std. main/rod bearings to go in, miata arp headstuds, pacesetter header, and some other stuff planned as well. Hope everything goes pretty good!

Need to get a timing belt too, but Im pretty sure Im gonna pick up a Honda one.

Dr_Snooz
03-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Sounds awesome! Have fun and post lots of pics.

mushroom_toy
03-17-2010, 04:41 PM
I will definitely try to get a ton of pictures!! :) Just went out and move the block from the trunk to the rear seat...damn forgot how heavy it was...seams like it gained 50 lbs since earlier today when I picked it up lol.

Tdurr
03-17-2010, 07:55 PM
I will definitely try to get a ton of pictures!! :) Just went out and move the block from the trunk to the rear seat...damn forgot how heavy it was...seams like it gained 50 lbs since earlier today when I picked it up lol.

wimp.

mushroom_toy
03-17-2010, 08:26 PM
wimp.

yOU are weee-tarted go look at the picture thread lol.

Oldblueaccord
03-18-2010, 05:56 AM
got a new gasket set and everything ? Some solvent cleaner too and lots of clean rags,clean cotten rags if you can.

wp

mushroom_toy
03-18-2010, 07:46 AM
got a new gasket set and everything ? Some solvent cleaner too and lots of clean rags,clean cotten rags if you can.

wp

Yup. :)

ecogabriel
03-18-2010, 10:56 AM
It sound like you are going to have a lot of fun this weekend :cool:

mushroom_toy
03-18-2010, 01:17 PM
How have you been man? Yeah hopefully gonna have some fun...not to mention have to work on a 97 s10 as well lol.

ecogabriel
03-18-2010, 02:43 PM
How have you been man? Yeah hopefully gonna have some fun...not to mention have to work on a 97 s10 as well lol.

I've been busy trying to finish f... grad school; :nervous: hopefully, it will be over soon.
I still have to do some work on the old clunker; since installing your trans I have not done that much... need to do some brake work, and taking care of a couple of leaks (dreadful crankcase gasket :burn: )

So you are gonna be working on the A20 and on a truck??? that's fun squared!!! :cool:
Get all the s... you need; I hate when I have to stop working to drive to the store and get some late-minute thing :dunno:

Again. have fun and I hope it won't rain again...

mushroom_toy
03-18-2010, 03:33 PM
I've been busy trying to finish f... grad school; :nervous: hopefully, it will be over soon.
I still have to do some work on the old clunker; since installing your trans I have not done that much... need to do some brake work, and taking care of a couple of leaks (dreadful crankcase gasket :burn: )

So you are gonna be working on the A20 and on a truck??? that's fun squared!!! :cool:
Get all the s... you need; I hate when I have to stop working to drive to the store and get some late-minute thing :dunno:

Again. have fun and I hope it won't rain again...

Yeah im working on two, I hope to have the s10 done before I start on the engine though. Yeah Im pretty sure I have everything I need. Hopefully it wont rain on Sunday either.