PDA

View Full Version : What do you think guys???

hammer3rd
03-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Map sensor. Some of the guys on here that know more about the electrial side of these a20s tell me if this might work. dont know just found it doing a search.

cygnus x-1
03-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Map sensor. Some of the guys on here that know more about the electrial side of these a20s tell me if this might work. dont know just found it doing a search.

??? What is the question? Are you talking about the 4g MAP sensor? If so it doesn't do squat.

C|

hammer3rd
03-22-2010, 05:49 PM
http://www.inlinefour.com/il4pe4barmap.html Sorry I forgot to post the link.

stephensimmons
03-22-2010, 05:59 PM
http://www.inlinefour.com/il4pe4barmap.html Sorry I forgot to post the link.

What are you trying to do?

Rendon LX-i
03-22-2010, 06:03 PM
yea it does hehe

A18A
03-22-2010, 06:04 PM
i may be wrong, but unless you're boosted, that looks rather pointless

Rendon LX-i
03-22-2010, 06:06 PM
i say if you got one laying around and its FREE fuck it slap it on. BUT boosted it does make a difference. NO CEL for me and pulls better IDK why. but with the stock map i had cel and BOGNESS like a mofo. but i wouldnt buy it.

cygnus x-1
03-22-2010, 07:35 PM
i say if you got one laying around and its FREE fuck it slap it on. BUT boosted it does make a difference. NO CEL for me and pulls better IDK why. but with the stock map i had cel and BOGNESS like a mofo. but i wouldnt buy it.

Well, the 3g sensors obviously weren't designed for boost, so under boost anything is possible. I did check my 3 sensors under positive pressure as high as they would go, and they all read exactly the same. So, IDK. Honestly I think your stock MAP sensor is bad.

To the OP, that 4-bar MAP won't do you any good unless you're boosted. And in fact it won't work on a stock ECU at all. According to the description it has different scaling, so you would need an aftermarket ECU anyway.

C|

MessyHonda
03-23-2010, 12:19 AM
when i did mine i did notice a smoother pull at WOT

hammer3rd
03-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks guys for everything. I don't know what I am going to do yet exactly. My current thought is a good mild built A20A for my daily driver. Around 10.5 to 1 cp,a little port and polish,a good cam,adj cam gear,B16/18 intake,65-70 mm tb,good exaust and an obd1 conversion with the help an of LX-incredible harnes. 5 speed swap with 89 E2R5,lightwight flywheel and stage 2 clutch and pressure plate. I was just seeing if anything can make a good thing better. Not the most powerfull car on earth but a lot of fun to drive and still relaible.

Rendon LX-i
03-23-2010, 08:50 AM
when i did mine i did notice a smoother pull at WOT

I have to agree. Felt alot better then stock. IM not saying your reading are wrong bro BUT i felt a difference. Stock map was fine never had a problem with it. SO i just did the 4g map swap since i had it laying around.

But when i was boosted i figured well ill try the stock one first well that was a no. feel flat on its face at 4k. and a cel. SO im like wtf. reconnected the 4gmap and no more cel fucker pulled hard. AN on top of that my buddy needed a stock map for his 3g i gave him my old one and its working like a dream. FOr his wasnt working at all. SO IDK.

All i can say is try it. THEN tell me what you think.

MessyHonda
03-23-2010, 11:51 PM
idk if the readings are the same but i Dynoed my car and it made 2whp and 4 pounds of torque more to the wheels

first 2 with stock and 3rd and 4th with 4th gen map

here is my dyno graph
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/LX-i/messyhondadyno.jpg