PDA

View Full Version : compatible control arms?

davidshonda
03-22-2010, 02:48 PM
so i just bout new spring and shock and im about to install my new ball joints for my 89 lxi hatch. also a camber kit is on its way soon. id like to know what control arms would fit? and from what car. prelude 2nd gen?

also my caster is HORRIBLE. camber kit should fix that up right?
thnks for any input

Joay
03-22-2010, 03:02 PM
2G Prelude upper arms fit and have the benefit of somewhat adjustable camber, but I don't know how that would affect your caster.

-DWM-
03-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Front caster is already adjustable. Also check to see if the upper control arms are intalled correctly. they have L and R stamped on them. Camber kits aren't really necessary unless your car has been in an accident.

cygnus x-1
03-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Front caster is already adjustable. Also check to see if the upper control arms are intalled correctly. they have L and R stamped on them. Camber kits aren't really necessary unless your car has been in an accident.

Or it's dumped.

C|

MessyHonda
03-23-2010, 12:24 AM
stock 2nd gen lude arms got my camber from -3.2 to -.8 camber

Oldblueaccord
03-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Or it's dumped.

C|

or you want nicer handling....

wp

davidshonda
03-23-2010, 06:11 AM
ahhh i see. anything for rear lca?

i actually received sveral diffrent answers about my caster problem which was most likely due to blown shocks, but i was told 3 diffrent things.
1. was from a guy at a performance store "the camber kit will help your caster" but isnt that for camber? hence the name.
2. a honda owner told me hondas caster is not adjustable. only nissan 240's can be moved front to back.
3. the screwed up caster is due to bent arms and other warped parts. replacing is the only way. said a allignment shop guy. that through me really off.

A18A
03-23-2010, 06:37 AM
for the rear, you would want an adjustable uca if you want to adjust camber. dunno what they come from though. but i would recommend replacing any bent suspension parts you have (those radius rods or caster rods, whatever you call them, like to bend when you hit curbs and such), maybe get some front 2g prelude UCAs if you want adjustable camber up front & then get a wheel alignment. as stated above, our cars have adjustable caster.

MessyHonda
03-23-2010, 11:31 PM
ahhh i see. anything for rear lca?

i actually received sveral diffrent answers about my caster problem which was most likely due to blown shocks, but i was told 3 diffrent things.
1. was from a guy at a performance store "the camber kit will help your caster" but isnt that for camber? hence the name.
2. a honda owner told me hondas caster is not adjustable. only nissan 240's can be moved front to back.
3. the screwed up caster is due to bent arms and other warped parts. replacing is the only way. said a allignment shop guy. that through me really off.

on the back you can use washers with longer bolts to adjust the camber...you really dont want to adjust to much or else its going to rub the fenders

import racer
03-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Won't the 3rd gen prelude uca fit as well .

MessyHonda
03-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Won't the 3rd gen prelude uca fit as well .

its not that adjustable as the 2nd gen arm

davidshonda
03-26-2010, 03:45 AM
ok so clarification,
UCAs from 2nd gen are compatible. front and back.camber on the UCA can adjust.
having this camber kit is not needed.

caster is adjustable on our cars. how ?

are there aftermarket Rear LCA specificly for our cars? anything compatible?