PDA

View Full Version : heater problem

danny nr crew
03-22-2010, 06:30 PM
okay guys i tried figuring out the problem myself but no luck so ima ask for ur guys help. my problem is that my heater stopped working like when i slide the lever thing to 1 2 3 or 4 no air comes out wat so ever. i used to just have to tap the ignition wires and it would turn on but now nothing at all my stereo also cut off when the air cut off. so i removed the plastic around the steering looked at the wires and started moving them around found out that one wire was rusty sorta and was very loose so now every time i start my car i jiggle the wire and stereo turns and so did the air but now it dont turn on for crap i checked the fuses all good and ima still solder the wire but if u guys have any ideas help me out its cold where im at and i need a heater.

stephensimmons
03-22-2010, 06:42 PM
okay guys i tried figuring out the problem myself but no luck so ima ask for ur guys help. my problem is that my heater stopped working like when i slide the lever thing to 1 2 3 or 4 no air comes out wat so ever. i used to just have to tap the ignition wires and it would turn on but now nothing at all my stereo also cut off when the air cut off. so i removed the plastic around the steering looked at the wires and started moving them around found out that one wire was rusty sorta and was very loose so now every time i start my car i jiggle the wire and stereo turns and so did the air but now it dont turn on for crap i checked the fuses all good and ima still solder the wire but if u guys have any ideas help me out its cold where im at and i need a heater.

Im guessing the wire is connected to the ignition switch? If so you can go on ebay or to the junck yard and get ether just the electrical part(thats what
I did for about $40 on ebay) or you can pay $140 for the complete switch at the parts store.