PDA

View Full Version : Little mis now and then.

hammer3rd
03-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Hey guys could use a little help. Have an 88 lxi and have a miss. It has this mis when I have the cruse set and you just start up a hill it does it 1 mabey 2 times when it starts to pull. You know the lull after you coast to the bottom of a hill right when it starts to pull. And every now and then when I take off from a stop. But it seems to be worse if I have been running the car hard. And I just noticed yesterday that it gets a little rough at idle but clears its self uo in just a sec or 2. Had it to a garage that I trust but he cant find anything. It will surley show up 1 day but I dont want to be stranded to fix it. Thanks for any help Mike C.

2oodoor
03-23-2010, 01:25 PM
thread title, sounds like a nick name for the ex

sounds like plug wires, possibly over gapped plug in there too

hammer3rd
03-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Will check but all the plugs wires cap and button were replaced with honda parts little over 1 year ago.

2oodoor
03-23-2010, 03:36 PM
also could probably use a degree or two advance in ignition timing if it is straining on hills too much

Dr_Snooz
03-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Sounds like the cruise may be getting tired. Be glad that it still works and don't worry about it.

As for the crunchy idle, what kind of gas are you using and does the car sit a lot? Usually if there is a slight, untraceable performance issue, it's gum and crap in the fuel system. A can of Techron or whatever should clean it up, but using good gas and driving it a lot is your best solution.

MessyHonda
03-24-2010, 12:36 AM
lucky...3 days after i bought my car the cruse went out so i took it out...saved about 5 pounds....

hammer3rd
03-26-2010, 07:44 AM
also could probably use a degree or two advance in ignition timing if it is straining on hills too much

Thanks got a set of hotter plugs going to try.

hammer3rd
03-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Sounds like the cruise may be getting tired. Be glad that it still works and don't worry about it.

As for the crunchy idle, what kind of gas are you using and does the car sit a lot? Usually if there is a slight, untraceable performance issue, it's gum and crap in the fuel system. A can of Techron or whatever should clean it up, but using good gas and driving it a lot is your best solution.

It dont just do it with the cruise. And I plan on keeping the cruise at all cost. going to have to go to go 5 speed cause auto wont hold any mods so cruise is staying lol.