PDA

View Full Version : clutch start bypass

charliekuney
03-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Alright, so Mike told me that unplugging the wire that comes off of the little solenoid at the top of the clutch pedal makes it so I don't have to push it in when I start my car. I tried, it didn't work. I still had to push the clutch in. Is there any way to bypass it or whatever? Yes, I know what the feature is for, thank you.

Hauntd ca3
03-24-2010, 08:50 PM
it will just be a switch eh.
pull the plug off, cut the plug off the wires and solder them together

ShyBoyCA6
03-24-2010, 08:52 PM
huh always wonder what that thing was lol either way mine turns on with or without kinda like it :D

Hauntd ca3
03-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Chances are is it will be a normally open switch just like a brake light switch that will close the circuit when you press the clutch. so all you have to do is do away with it.

Dr_Snooz
03-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Make sure you bypass the right one. There are two switches on the '89. The lower one tells the car the clutch is not pressed. I believe it's the same switch that will kick off the cruise if you press the clutch. The other switch is higher up, much harder to get to and tells the car when the clutch is fully depressed.

The real question is: what's wrong with your front end that you want to rearrange it?

Joay
03-25-2010, 08:45 AM
... There's a clutch safety switch in these? Is that an 89-only thing because mine will start with the pedal up.

carotman
03-25-2010, 08:54 AM
yup 89 only I believe

ShyBoyCA6
03-25-2010, 11:19 AM
What about 88 mine has a senor there but mine went out and starts up fine without

charliekuney
03-25-2010, 01:32 PM
The real question is: what's wrong with your front end that you want to rearrange it?

What? I don't remember saying anything about rearranging anything, or my front end...

Is that an 89-only thing because mine will start with the pedal up.

yup 89 only I believe

):

Dr_Snooz
03-25-2010, 06:38 PM
What? I don't remember saying anything about rearranging anything, or my front end...

You didn't say, but you will end up doing it if you disconnect that. They put it there for a reason. If you start it with the gear engaged, it will lunge forward and smash things. You definitely want to keep the interlock.

charliekuney
03-25-2010, 06:40 PM
^ I know it's there for a reason: stupid ("forgetful") people. It's subconscious for me to take my car out of gear when I get in it.

A18A
03-25-2010, 06:55 PM
hahaha i once forgot to take my car out of gear, and started it via remote. lucky there where some pallets under the car to stop it and give me enough time to turn it off before it crashed into anything lol. /off topic

russiankid
03-25-2010, 07:01 PM
If you cut the wires, cruise control won't disengage. I bypassed mine because the starter signal wire broke somewhere in the wire harness. All I did was splice in my own wire for the start signal wire near the ignition which bypasses the switch. This way, I still have the cruise control function (turning it off) with the clutch pedal.

Civic Accord Honda
03-25-2010, 07:11 PM
yep 89 only, i hate those safety switchs

AccordB20A
02-05-2011, 01:30 PM
i start my car with the clutch in anyways, its a good idea so you dont has fail

charliekuney
02-06-2011, 01:12 PM
I only put my car in gear when I'm parked on a hill - otherwise, I just leave it in neutral and use the parking brake.

A18A
02-06-2011, 04:32 PM
what i did in mine was, I Run a wire from the fuse block's main input cable, (positive) into the interior, run another wire from the starter solenoid into the car's interior and connect them to a switch or touch them together to turn the engine over.Make sure when you turn your key on to turn it all the way so the security system won't disable the vehicle.Oh ya, make sure its not in gear.

clutch switch

cool stuff. I turn the key to the start position to turn mine over :thumbup: