PDA

View Full Version : ST front, addco rear sway bar?

Accordtheory
03-24-2010, 09:07 PM
I see that the ST and addco bars are different sizes, has anyone tried any of the combinations of those bars? I was thinking the ST front/addco rear would be the best..

MessyHonda
03-24-2010, 11:22 PM
i run the st front and 4th gen rear bar...only thing is that it rubs a bit on the lower control arms

Accordtheory
03-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Well, what is the diameter of that rear bar?
How does the car handle at the limit?

I have a feeling I'm going to end up buying both rear bars and experimenting..

Bglad420
03-27-2010, 09:53 AM
I run ST front and Rear and am very happy with them as a pair.

2drSE-i
03-27-2010, 11:12 AM
The rear ST bar is 5/8" and the rear addco bar is 3/4" , which is 15.87mm and 19mm, respectively.

Accordtheory
03-27-2010, 02:44 PM
I was asking about messyhonda's rear 4th gen bar..

If the vigor bar is 1mm bigger than the addco bar, yet still smaller than the 4th gen progress bar, how far should you take this? How big of a bar does it take to pick the inside rear tire up during cornering at the limit?

All I know is my car has way too much sway, but I don't want it to be tail happy.

2drSE-i
03-27-2010, 07:57 PM
It depends on what model he snagged it from. The EXs had bigger ones than the LXs, but the biggest one was 15mm?

MessyHonda
03-27-2010, 10:24 PM
I was asking about messyhonda's rear 4th gen bar..

If the vigor bar is 1mm bigger than the addco bar, yet still smaller than the 4th gen progress bar, how far should you take this? How big of a bar does it take to pick the inside rear tire up during cornering at the limit?

All I know is my car has way too much sway, but I don't want it to be tail happy.

i run the progress rear 4th gen bar 22mm and 24mm front st....at lowish speeds the car tends to overstear alot...like it wants to keep turning but at higher speeds you can feel the rear of the car planted on the ground

Accordtheory
03-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Well, did it make your car actually capable of a faster lap time? Because it sounds like you're saying it just made it more tail happy. Say you're going through a curve at about 50mph, cornering right at the limit, if you push it past that, what does the car do? Does the rear break free before the front? if it starts to come around, can you control it? (have you ever gone out to a really big parking lot or whatever to test this out?)

I know there are so many other factors going into this, like your springs, ride height, tire and wheel size, etc, that my question is almost meaningless, but I'm still curious.

Bglad420
04-26-2010, 09:21 AM
I NOW run a ST front, and Addco rear, and they are amazing together, I get the over steer that I want, and it's very controllable IMO. I'm running tokico blues, and ST 1.8" drop springs.