PDA

View Full Version : Need PCV help quicky

Harrison_Bergeron
03-25-2010, 03:18 PM
I tried to replace my PCV vlave, it broke, I knew it would.

I tried to remove the hose beneath the valve, I found out that the hoses connects to the black box with a plastic coupler when said plastic coupler broke.

I need to find out what this piece is called, and if possible get a pic of it, so I can decide on my next course of action.

If I can make another part work then I will do that, if I need that part and nothing else then I need to figure out if it needs to be straight from honda or if O-Reilly has a generic version.

Harrison_Bergeron
03-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Also, I've seen a filter(piece of foam) for the PCV mentioned in threads, and even listed on parts sites, where does that go? I've got the whole system apart from intake mani to oil pan and don't see a place for that anywhere.

Vinny
03-25-2010, 04:07 PM
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13se001_e08.png

69183 002 001 GROMMET, PCV VALVE 4.10 2.91 Qty:
48143 003 001 TUBE (21X30X128) 25.42 18.05 Qty:
69184 004 001 JOINT, BREATHER CHAMBER 3.92 2.78 Qty:
69185 005 001 TUBE A, PCV 18.10 12.85 Qty:
69187 007 001 TUBE B, PCV 12.23 8.68 Qty:

Dr_Snooz
03-25-2010, 06:32 PM
I tried to replace my PCV vlave, it broke, I knew it would.

I tried to remove the hose beneath the valve, I found out that the hoses connects to the black box with a plastic coupler when said plastic coupler broke.

I need to find out what this piece is called, and if possible get a pic of it, so I can decide on my next course of action.

If I can make another part work then I will do that, if I need that part and nothing else then I need to figure out if it needs to be straight from honda or if O-Reilly has a generic version.

Probably want to get it from the dealer. You aren't going to find it aftermarket. You might find it at the junkyard, but it's not likely to be in any better condition than what you had.

Bluntman
03-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Here was my nightmare. But I am good for another 20+ years. All those hard plastic pieces are actually rubber that turned hard over the years.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71286

Pico
03-25-2010, 07:12 PM
you can order the parts thru here if you want to
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/PartsSearch.jsp I've replaced all of the parts you mentioned when I did my rebuild, the metal PCV box (if you wan to call it that) I ran a solvent thru it to flush out all the old crap inside.

Harrison_Bergeron
03-25-2010, 08:06 PM
I broke #4 in the pic above, I ended up using a sprinkler adapter from home depot, it was an almost perfect fit.

I have to replace the tube between the box and pan tomorrow, and it looks like I need to take it all back apart because I didn't realize there was an o-ring between the box and the block.

Dr_Snooz
03-26-2010, 05:42 PM
I ended up using a sprinkler adapter from home depot, it was an almost perfect fit.

Oooooooo. :bow:

Harrison_Bergeron
03-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I know it is hokey, and whether or not it will stand up to the heat and petroleum is anyone's guess, but right now I just need the thing to run well enough to get it smogged and registered.

I'm pretty sure the motor is on it's last leg, and my plan all along was to by a used long block and rebuild it to swap later, so I'll use the right parts for longevity's sake when the motor is out and it is much easier to install them.

Dr_Snooz
03-27-2010, 07:32 AM
I know it is hokey, and whether or not it will stand up to the heat and petroleum is anyone's guess, but right now I just need the thing to run well enough to get it smogged and registered.

I'm pretty sure the motor is on it's last leg, and my plan all along was to by a used long block and rebuild it to swap later, so I'll use the right parts for longevity's sake when the motor is out and it is much easier to install them.

No, I'm seriously impressed. Nice work.