PDA

View Full Version : Repairing an ECU

carotman
03-25-2010, 04:47 PM
I have a PJ0-A03 here that has a fried component in it. I don't know what the original owner did with it but the driver for the fuel pump relay is busted.

I wanted to repair this ECU and build a small ECU repair Database for our cars at the same time.

The fried part is a PU3127. I downloaded the datasheet and it seems this is only an array of 3 NPN transistors with diodes.
(here's the datasheet).
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf-datasheets/Datasheets-8/DSA-154322.pdf

I've seen a PJ0-666 and this thing uses 3 D1259A instead of the PU3127.
used individual 2SD1259 transistors instead of the transistor array. (Individual Transistors)
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/panasonic/SJD00175BED.pdf

Anyone knows what kind of equivalent transistor could be used? NTEXXX?

cygnus x-1
03-25-2010, 06:12 PM
That's going to be an tough one to find a pin compatible replacement. That datasheet looks like it's from about 1981. NTE, Digikey, and Newark don't list anything that's pin compatible. You're only option is going to be to find some compatible discrete devices and wire them in. Digikey has a parametric search so you can filter down to find something that will be compatible. You want something similar or better specs; they don't have to be exactly the same.

EDIT: I wonder though. I just removed the ECU from my Prelude because I'm not using it anymore. If you want I could check to see if it has a compatible part on it. The ECU is junk to me.

C|

carotman
03-25-2010, 06:21 PM
I already planned to wire compatible components on a custom PCB to replace the parts. Just like How Doc Brown replaced components in 1955 on the DeLorean :D

If you have a junk ECU, I could use some components indeed.

cygnus x-1
03-25-2010, 07:36 PM
I already planned to wire compatible components on a custom PCB to replace the parts. Just like How Doc Brown replaced components in 1955 on the DeLorean :D

It got Marty back to the future right? :lol: Ever seen wire wrap construction? Crazy stuff.

If you have a junk ECU, I could use some components indeed.

I'm looking at it right now. There aren't any 3x transistor arrays like your fried one but there is a 4x. There are also a lot of B744A transistors. Not exactly like yours but they might function well enough.

This "ECU" is from a carbed car so it doesn't do fuel injection; only emissions controls. I don't know if it would do you any good but I'll send it to you if you want it.

C|

88LXi68
03-29-2010, 09:49 AM
I got a junk ecu and I am coming up to Montreal this weekend. if your interested I can bring it.

carotman
03-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Yeah why not :D

88LXi68
03-30-2010, 04:43 AM
Yeah why not :D

now I just have to find it...

w261w261
03-30-2010, 08:30 AM
You guys are intrepid!