PDA

View Full Version : Need 83 Accord Heater Control Valve

tumminello123
03-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a heater control valve for a 1983 Accord LX 3dr Hatchback? I think Honda calls it a water valve.

I have tried about 20 parts places and Vintage Parts doesn't even have it.

2ndGenGuy
03-26-2010, 03:44 PM
I tried to find one for my 81 just not too long ago. Luckily someone on here found me a brand new unit on eBay. That was pretty much the only place I could find one. Good luck.

rideordie12
10-10-2010, 11:05 PM
I cant find one anywhere either and im stuck without a heater!!!!

2ndGenGuy
10-11-2010, 09:42 PM
You could just bypass the valve and join the hoses together there. It means you'll always have hot water going to your heater core, but it is winter time coming up, and you can always keep the blower off and roll down the windows... at least until you find one in the wreckers. I'm sure there are at least a couple 2nd gens down here in Pick a Part that have em. At least they were there a few weeks ago...

lostforawhile
10-11-2010, 10:16 PM
your other option is to source a vaccume operated one from another car and plumb it with a solonoid valve from just about anything with electric vaccume valves, add a switch for heat, or add a microswitch to your heat lever at the back, so when it's pushed to heat it pushes the microswitch. you need to find an electric solonoid valve that bleeds off vaccume when it doesn't have power. lots of the ones in the control box on the three geez do this. the carb box. a good source for that vaccume water valve are full size ford products. you'll see the valve near the valve cover with a coolant hose in and out and a vaccume line going to it

SZfiftyfour
10-12-2010, 07:43 AM
I cant find one anywhere either and im stuck without a heater!!!!

I might know where one is. The car may have been crushed, and I'll have to wait until this Saturday to check, but I will if you want. I'm pretty close to the yard.

rideordie12
10-12-2010, 08:59 PM
your other option is to source a vaccume operated one from another car and plumb it with a solonoid valve from just about anything with electric vaccume valves, add a switch for heat, or add a microswitch to your heat lever at the back, so when it's pushed to heat it pushes the microswitch. you need to find an electric solonoid valve that bleeds off vaccume when it doesn't have power. lots of the ones in the control box on the three geez do this. the carb box. a good source for that vaccume water valve are full size ford products. you'll see the valve near the valve cover with a coolant hose in and out and a vaccume line going to it

I made the same face as your avatar when i read that... HaHa!! i think ill just buy a heater and a power inverter if it comes down to that lol.