PDA

View Full Version : Right front wheel noise?

mrtamone
03-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Hi new to the forum :) quick ? loud whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa noise at any speed over 10mph cv was just replaced and noise goes away completely when i turn left. wheel bearing? alingment? or tire?:cheers:

Civic Accord Honda
03-28-2010, 01:03 AM
wheel bearing possibly , jack up car grab tire wiggle it side to side if any play replace bearing.

mrtamone
03-30-2010, 10:01 PM
wheel bearing possibly , jack up car grab tire wiggle it side to side if any play replace bearing.
thank you for the response :thumbup: about how much would it be to have someone replace it?

Nio
03-31-2010, 12:05 AM
last wheel bearings i had replaced were on my toy. It was around 380 each.

Dr_Snooz
03-31-2010, 05:37 AM
I'd say tire. What tires are you running and how old are they?

2oodoor
03-31-2010, 07:10 AM
last wheel bearings i had replaced were on my toy. It was around 380 each.

no way in hell would I pay that to fix wheel bearings, just out of sheer prinicpal

mrtamone
03-31-2010, 10:33 PM
I'd say tire. What tires are you running and how old are they?

I dont know how old but the front tires have little cracks and are pretty worn, the back has two different tires with way different tred patterns. I know this is dumb but i just bought the car so i havent got around to replace them yet

Nio
04-05-2010, 02:06 AM
no way in hell would I pay that to fix wheel bearings, just out of sheer prinicpal

Lol I was stupid at the time. Didn't know anything about cars.

I ended up wasting 3 grand on a transmission replacement on the car. later found out how badly I was screwed *this was one of the big dealers.*

So I decided I was going to learn as much as I can and do all of my fixes myself.

They also wanted to charge 1 grand just to replace the bloody timing belt.

Which I did in myself on my 3g. :P

griffonks
04-05-2010, 05:28 AM
check the brake pad chirpers (warning that you are almost out of brake pad), quick, before you lose the rotor...

stephensimmons
04-05-2010, 05:52 AM
Lol I was stupid at the time. Didn't know anything about cars.

I ended up wasting 3 grand on a transmission replacement on the car. later found out how badly I was screwed *this was one of the big dealers.*

So I decided I was going to learn as much as I can and do all of my fixes myself.

They also wanted to charge 1 grand just to replace the bloody timing belt.

Which I did in myself on my 3g. :P

WOOOOOOOOOW!....................Where was I at when you was getting reamed like that??...............I woulda charged you half price them you woulda thought you gotten a deal and I coulda still been gettin paid!

Nio
04-05-2010, 08:51 AM
WOOOOOOOOOW!....................Where was I at when you was getting reamed like that??...............I woulda charged you half price them you woulda thought you gotten a deal and I coulda still been gettin paid!

you weren't working at Street Toyota.

Biggest rip ever...

Found out 3 days after they did the tranny I could have bought a used one from the junk yard for 100$ and had it slapped in for 100 more.

T_T boy was it stupid.

mrtamone
04-23-2010, 09:49 PM
ok i had a friend mechanic do the wheel shaking test to feel for play he said there wasnt any. i forgot to mention that the noise changes slightly when braking.

JordanQ
04-23-2010, 10:49 PM
the next thing to do would be to go check the brake pads as griffonks suggested.

Hauntd ca3
04-24-2010, 01:06 AM
get a wheel alignment.
just about bet on thats what it is.

Dr_Snooz
04-24-2010, 07:02 AM
I'm still voting tire.

mrtamone
04-24-2010, 11:11 PM
thank you for all the help ill check the brakes on my next day off and get an alingment check