PDA

View Full Version : TL seats in an 88

88lxi281
03-28-2010, 10:59 AM
im thinking the 04 TL seats would be a nice touch to the 88. the outside s not in the best condition at the moment but wh i get that taken care of im gonna get the seats. heated and power seats, leather, great lumbar support... whats not to like.

ShyBoyCA6
03-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Good luck with that

charliekuney
03-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Have fun wiring the power/heated parts, not to mention making the seats fit. The stock ones are already a tight fit, and I'd be surprised if the TL's seats weren't larger.

88lxi281
03-28-2010, 07:48 PM
yea im not too sure they will fit either. i need to take some measurements before i go buy the seats. but it should be pretty tight if they work. on the wiring situation, it should just be running some new wires to the seats. i mean run in line fuses and make sure the new wires can hold the amperage that the motors and the seat warmers need. as for the warming switched that aint nothing but a g-thang... cut some holes and alittle bit of fiber glass work. then pull the carpe up and run the wires. dont get me wrong its gonna be awhile before i get all this rolling but i like haveing other members feedback on ideas.

ShyBoyCA6
03-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Just get lude seats or tegra seat and why seat warmers lol oh man that's a good one just leave it for the newer cars man they are way to big to fit in there anyways but not to burst your bubble but get something that would fit and look decent.

2drSE-i
03-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Just get lude seats or tegra seat and why seat warmers lol oh man that's a good one just leave it for the newer cars man they are way to big to fit in there anyways but not to burst your bubble but get something that would fit and look decent.

-1 for you

In all honesty, I'd be surprised if they fit. But take measurements, post back with what you find. If i were you though, if they do wind up fitting, it wouldn't be that hard to wire it into your stock fusebox. In-line fuses are ok i guess, but it'd make for a much cleaner inside.

ShyBoyCA6
03-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Ok minus one for me lol don't matter....he can try if he wants and I would give him props if he pulls it off somehow but I got to see it to believe it

88lxi281
03-29-2010, 05:19 AM
i aint about plus or minus for noone man. its all good. like i said it would be awhile before i can afford to do it with the front end fucked up and some tickets left to pay. but if it works youll get pics personally. theyll be posted on here as well.