PDA

View Full Version : speed sensor

headbanger
03-28-2010, 11:08 AM
okay I have had this problem with 3 different speed sensors.When driving check engine light comes on code it throws is for speed sensor.When light comes on steering is wrong gives me to much steering at speed.It can be quite dangerous when you go into a curve too fast.Has anyone ever had this problem before an if so how did you fix it?

paul
03-28-2010, 01:46 PM
I've had the same issue/symptoms...

When my clutch was replaced, the speed sensor was not bolted back into the transmission, all I had to do is push it back in & bolt it down.

Dr_Snooz
03-28-2010, 05:59 PM
I think your only other choices are bad wires or a bad ECU. Have you gone through the troubleshooting procedure in the manual?

*Gulp*

headbanger
03-28-2010, 06:26 PM
I ve read all through the manual there isnt but like a half page i could find on sensor.The test it says to perform will tell you if its bad or not but I cant see having three bad sensors in a row.I even took one apart an replaced all the o-rings an put it back with no change.but the sensor is mechanical with only a inlet an outlet line for power steering an speedomter plug in.So I cant understand what could be bad.baffling to me.

headbanger
03-28-2010, 06:31 PM
actually i may have just found something in manual i will check it out tomorrow.ty

MessyHonda
03-29-2010, 06:13 PM
does your odometer read right? mine poped out and the power sterring went to full assist witch makes it dangerous at high speeds when you are not careful....i poped it back in and it works now

Dr_Snooz
03-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Try this manual: http://honda.roadpwnage.com/manuals/pages/usdm-accord-1989-full.php

headbanger
03-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Try this manual: http://honda.roadpwnage.com/manuals/pages/usdm-accord-1989-full.php

thx man much appreciated.

Pico
11-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Bumping this thread for a question.
I'm ordering parts at work and I noticed that there are 2 speed sensors listed, one for A/T and one for M/T.
Anyone know the difference between the two.
I only ask because when I did my 5speed swap I cant remember if I swapped sensors or not.
Does it make a difference?
Maybe they bolt up differently, I dont know.

88lxi-shortram
11-03-2010, 09:00 AM
you probably didnt swap them over it probably was in the trans or something and thats why you dont remember. if you have a 5 speed dont take chances and buy the right part exactly for the 5 speed.

Pico
11-03-2010, 09:04 AM
you probably didnt swap them over it probably was in the trans or something and thats why you dont remember. if you have a 5 speed dont take chances and buy the right part exactly for the 5 speed.
I had the trans completely rebuilt before the swap was done, so I know I pulled the sensor out.
I'm not buying the part for myself, just doing stock orders for work and noticed two different sensors.
Just wanted to see if anyone knows the difference in case I do need to order/stock one

Dr_Snooz
11-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I didn't swap the sensor when I did my conversion. Of course, I have a gigantic fluid leak coming from somewhere that I still haven't identified. The speedo seems to register accurately, the PS works well and the cruise works great. If there is a big difference between the two, it could be in the seal. I'll look it over my setup again, but I think my problem is the input shaft seal. I'll have to drop the tranny to fix that one, unfortunately.