PDA

View Full Version : Kinetik HC1400 - 1400 Watt 12 Volt Power Cell Battery

nswst8
03-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Has anyone tried one of these, my optima crapped out this morning. I have an Odyssey in the other accord and like it.

So need some input on the Kinetik HC1400 - 1400 Watt 12 Volt Power Cell Battery

http://www.kinetikaudio.com/2009/product.asp?C=1&P=KHC1400

nswst8
03-30-2010, 08:35 PM
What, no input guys?

2drSE-i
03-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Do you need a bunch of wattage? Or just something to start the car? My vote is another odyssey battery, but thats just me :)

lostforawhile
03-30-2010, 08:46 PM
you need at least a pc625 odyssey, the battery mainly starts the car,once it's running the alternator is what actually powers the car. if you exceed the output capacity of the alternator, then the extra current comes from the battery.

nswst8
03-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Do you need a bunch of wattage? Or just something to start the car? My vote is another odyssey battery, but thats just me :)

Not piticularly, I already have the Odyssey 625 and the 1200, I like them both. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the Kinetik. I might be playing around with some aftermarket in the future but not at this time.

Thought I might just try one out.

3gmodifier
03-31-2010, 12:27 AM
hey whats up. long time no talk. how have you been? i actually have a kinetic power cell. it's the 600. kinda small but gets the job done. i have had it for 3 years now and still cranks out power on demand. i use it in conjuction with my optima yellow top battery. it is pretty awesome. the fact that they are both a dry cell design has saved me multiple times. i think my battery has gone dead over 20 times in the past 3 or so years and with a jumpstart or quick charge, it always bounces back with no more than a 20 min drive around the block.

nswst8
03-31-2010, 09:24 AM
hey whats up. long time no talk. how have you been? i actually have a kinetic power cell. it's the 600. kinda small but gets the job done. i have had it for 3 years now and still cranks out power on demand. i use it in conjuction with my optima yellow top battery. it is pretty awesome. the fact that they are both a dry cell design has saved me multiple times. i think my battery has gone dead over 20 times in the past 3 or so years and with a jumpstart or quick charge, it always bounces back with no more than a 20 min drive around the block.

Doing well. I'm hoping to get up your way sometime. Have to get the A/C in the newer accord I bought in Nov.

Thanks for the info on the Kinetik.

nswst8
04-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Okay, it seems to be a solid battery. Downside. Warranty on the battery sucks a**! It's a 1 year warranty.

Packaging sucks as well. I ordered through amazom.com 1st one box was damaged and there was a dent in the battery casing, so I complained to amazon and they sent another. It was worst than the first.

The battery appeared to function fine, there was just some exterior damage that I felt if I had a warranty issue it would have been difficult to get the battery warrantied.

Complained to amazon again and they refunded purchase price and I ordered a Odyssey 1200, better built, better warranty and much, much,much better packaging.

I highly recommend the Odyssey brand. It's USA made.

(Amazon told me that since they did not accept battery returns that I should contact the local battery disposal center and dispose of the batteries appropriately)

canadian357
05-17-2010, 09:14 PM
My friend just bought that exact Kinetic for his car. He's using it as a power source for his sound system (trunk battery) so I can't say how it performs in terms of starting and all that, but I will say it's pretty much the same as a red top with the advantage that you can bring it back to a full charge with a trickle charger as opposed to an industrial charger if you kill it.

It is one fugly battery though.

a20soda
05-29-2010, 07:54 AM
using a kinetik battery for cranking your car is retarded.

nswst8
05-29-2010, 07:31 PM
using a kinetik battery for cranking your car is retarded.

Hey boy, mind your manners. Using the word retatrded in this manner is offensive. Don't do it here!

LX-incredible
05-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Good purchase!

Odyssey makes an awesome battery. I've got the PC925. Never had a problem.

2drSE-i
05-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Hey boy, mind your manners. Using the word retatrded in this manner is offensive. Don't do it here!

Yeah!

(looks at signature, has a quick chuckle)