PDA

View Full Version : Front seat swap ?

-$MOKIN-
04-02-2010, 04:36 PM
YO YO YO YO YO YO YO . . . . . . What the ?

I found a perfect seat at the JY. But its the passenger side ..My driverside needs replaced.
Can i swap out the passenger seat to the driver side .

Anyone ? ? ? ?

Whos first . . .

I thought i could just swap out the brackets on the bottom. . .:rockon:

ShyBoyCA6
04-02-2010, 05:02 PM
yeah you can do it only need to swap the part where the seatbelt is located and i think thats it but make sure to swap seat belts too

-$MOKIN-
04-02-2010, 05:14 PM
the brackets are different on each side

ShyBoyCA6
04-02-2010, 05:19 PM
oh than just switch both and i thought you were getting new seats installed

Harrison_Bergeron
04-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Maybe it is different on a sedan, but on my coupe the recline adjusters make the seats side-specific. I have adjusters on the inside back bolster, and the bottom of the outside bolster; the lower one would be blocked if the seat was on the wrong side.

-$MOKIN-
04-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Word .. . .Yea i thought you just swapped the bottoms over..... Dont have a parts break down of it .

-$MOKIN-
04-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Maybe it is different on a sedan, but on my coupe the recline adjusters make the seats side-specific. I have adjusters on the inside back bolster, and the bottom of the outside bolster; the lower one would be blocked if the seat was on the wrong side.

hhuh ??? aww man . . . .how does the seat mount on the whole bracket assymbly ? i thought maybe 4 bolts on the top of the assymbly to the seat .

Awww ....Yea coupe seats are differnt than a sedan ..

ShyBoyCA6
04-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Hmm true on that they are diiferent....maybe if you think of a way how to make it fit like drilling new holes on the bracket it just may pop right in but if not then your gonna need to repair the seat or go to the yard and find a decent looking seat

-$MOKIN-
04-02-2010, 07:05 PM
i got a perfect seat just sittin in the Jy but its a passenger seat....Fck ! ! ! il just have to take mine out real quck and look. DONT WANT TO ......