PDA

View Full Version : Front bumper mod

-$MOKIN-
04-02-2010, 06:58 PM
I just was sittin out at the garage lookin at ym front bumper making a stencil .
I have to get a new front bumper becuase the top of mine ripped real bad on the corner, so poopin came the idea to take the bottom part ot the bumper cover under the bottom trim line at the top of the turn signals and maybe put it on the one i get lower uunder the turn signals. Just ripped i guess . im not thinkin its goin to work to good but im up for ideas...My front lip i have on my car doesnt look right with my side skirts and rbc .

My idea is to make a cover out of my old one and just lower it on the new one i get.

If i knew how to upload pics i could paste some but never figured out how to do it...........:rant:

The car just doesnt look right ...

I need smarts here folks ! wtf

ShyBoyCA6
04-02-2010, 07:01 PM
try photo bucket and upload them there copy and paste

charliekuney
04-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Use Tinypic: no account required.

markmdz89hatch
04-05-2010, 06:20 PM
someone did this already if I'm reading you right. ...like basically take the bottom section of a thrashed bumper, cut it off, flip it upside-down and attach it to the bottom of the good bumper to give it a lower and more meaty look?

beran24
04-05-2010, 08:05 PM
someone did this already if I'm reading you right. ...like basically take the bottom section of a thrashed bumper, cut it off, flip it upside-down and attach it to the bottom of the good bumper to give it a lower and more meaty look?

wonder what that would look like. anyone have pics of this?

-$MOKIN-
04-05-2010, 08:10 PM
well not actually i was just going to chop the top part of the cover off.i was thinkin on cuttin it on the bottom part of the molding that goes all the way around.. then i was going to take the bottom part and just place it over my new bumper but lower down 4 inches

OldSchool86
04-26-2010, 07:05 PM
well not actually i was just going to chop the top part of the cover off.i was thinkin on cuttin it on the bottom part of the molding that goes all the way around.. then i was going to take the bottom part and just place it over my new bumper but lower down 4 inches

Have you moved forward with this at all?

-$MOKIN-
04-29-2010, 02:57 PM
sure havent. . . waiting to find a good cheap bumper cover then im taking the one i got on it now and cutting it. It deffenetly doesnt look right with just the lip. My front end looks way out of proportion to the rest of the car.
There are posabilities tho .alot of cutting.
I seen that one dude on here just got a 3 inch wide peice of plastic and screwed it on like a lip. and it actually looks pretty damn good if he could of hid the screws a little better it would of looked sweet. but thats the look im tryin to go for. i just need a 2 inch bigger lip really. or if old scool will give me a deal on the fab cover hes got im down. but sometimes simple can have big results.