PDA

View Full Version : Georgia members :)

a20soda
04-06-2010, 12:31 PM
hey guys, new to 3geez, slowly but surely falling in love with my 87 dx, 5speed :D Im pretty good with cars, but im learning a ton in the process. Just wanna kno who else from GA is out there - projects, meets, etc!

mushroom_toy
04-06-2010, 02:08 PM
I am and Tim is(Tdurr). As well as Jarred which doesnt get on much anymore if not at all. Lostforawhile is and so is Roodoo, but theyre farther south.

Tdurr
04-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Go to import alliance sunday. u can meet me luke, and hondamaster(cory) if u go. nuff said.

OldSchool86
04-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Welcome to 3geez Buddy!

mushroom_toy
04-15-2010, 04:05 PM
^Another Ga member... lol Never met you.

2oodoor
04-15-2010, 04:17 PM
yes and he had a b20 project at one time and has a can do attitude too. :thumbup:

parkersnine
04-15-2010, 05:25 PM
I am north of Atlanta in Dahlonega.Welcome...Over the past year I have posted a number of questions and have been helped by the numerous responses.Good Luck!

Tdurr
04-15-2010, 06:12 PM
^^ really...
next time i hit up blood mountain we need to chill.

mushroom_toy
04-16-2010, 11:43 AM
^This is truth. We need to do 60 Tim, through Suches.

Tdurr
04-16-2010, 12:11 PM
wut??

mushroom_toy
04-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Its a route. hwy 60. Goes though suches. /.end

OldSchool86
04-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah I canned the B20A project, couldent find a tranny. BUT!......... I am working on "Rywire" for a B-Series conversion harness sence Innovative can get the swap mounts.:flash::D

And i'm also working on being a wholesaler for "Innovative Mounts" here at NOPI. I get cost plus 10% so that means I can pass the savings on to the 3geez fellows if you send me the money Paypal.

a20soda
04-21-2010, 12:00 PM
sweet :) having some carb problems at the moment on my 87 accord, think anyone here is wiz enough to help out? would be totally sick if you could

mushroom_toy
04-21-2010, 01:20 PM
sweet :) having some carb problems at the moment on my 87 accord, think anyone here is wiz enough to help out? would be totally sick if you could

I can do it if you can swing up by my way...and I actually have a stage 4 vac removal stock carb that works great if you want to go that route. Im in gainesville.

2oodoor
04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah I canned the B20A project, couldent find a tranny. BUT!......... I am working on "Rywire" for a B-Series conversion harness sence Innovative can get the swap mounts.:flash::D

And i'm also working on being a wholesaler for "Innovative Mounts" here at NOPI. I get cost plus 10% so that means I can pass the savings on to the 3geez fellows if you send me the money Paypal.

did you ever sell your b20 stuff?

OldSchool86
04-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Yeah I sold it all to Hammer3rd. he drove down fron NC and picked it all up.

88lxi-shortram
05-13-2010, 02:35 PM
omg theres alot of georgia members... any1 wana swing by and help me diagnose stuff? and maybe see if my cars hopeless?

2oodoor
05-13-2010, 03:15 PM
omg theres alot of georgia members... any1 wana swing by and help me diagnose stuff? and maybe see if my cars hopeless?

it is a big state, it unless your in Augusta area anywhere else is an Hour to Five hours away, Three hours to north Atlanta, and OMG it was all day getting to Mushroom Toys house one day.. "ok waffle house turn right, not left, oh the second waffle house on the right turn left, then go down two waffe houses and ask directions to the waffle house" waitress at WH says "you cant get there from here" :bowrofl:

mushroom_toy
05-13-2010, 03:24 PM
it is a big state, it unless your in Augusta area anywhere else is an Hour to Five hours away, Three hours to north Atlanta, and OMG it was all day getting to Mushroom Toys house one day.. "ok waffle house turn right, not left, oh the second waffle house on the right turn left, then go down two waffe houses and ask directions to the waffle house" waitress at WH says "you cant get there from here" :bowrofl:

Lol you need a gps. :P Even they dont tell exactly where my driveway is haha.

mushroom_toy
05-13-2010, 03:24 PM

Where are you located?

2oodoor
05-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Lol you need a gps. :P Even they dont tell exactly where my driveway is haha.

got a garmin 255w now, lol even it gets lost too.. it took me down dirt roads too. It is funny to see what roads it doesnt know, shows me riding in fields "recalculating" voice goes crazy in some places here.

mushroom_toy
05-13-2010, 07:02 PM
got a garmin 255w now, lol even it gets lost too.. it took me down dirt roads too. It is funny to see what roads it doesnt know, shows me riding in fields "recalculating" voice goes crazy in some places here.

Ditto/.

lostforawhile
05-13-2010, 07:20 PM
I need more south georgia members getting to Roodoo's was an all day trip

88lxi-shortram
05-14-2010, 06:11 PM
im in lawrenceville the zip code is 30044... anybody close?

lostforawhile
05-14-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm 40 miles from the Florida border

mushroom_toy
05-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Im in Gainesville which is pretty close. What seems to be the problem with the car?

ecogabriel
05-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Zip 30030 here ... and I did not get lost going to mushroom toy's house

mushroom_toy
05-14-2010, 08:05 PM
^ :)

88lxi-shortram
05-15-2010, 11:33 AM
The car gets worse gas milage than any other car ive seen... the exhaust is fried it think and no parts fit on it cuz i think somebody took the cheap way out and just welded the cat from another car onto the exhaust

lostforawhile
05-15-2010, 11:37 AM
The car gets worse gas milage than any other car ive seen... the exhaust is fried it think and no parts fit on it cuz i think somebody took the cheap way out and just welded the cat from another car onto the exhaust

yours is carb right? if you want to go ahead and spend the money to fix the carb right, try importcarbs.com one guy rebuilds all the carbs and they do really good work at great prices, you trade in your old crummy carb on a good rebuilt. you would need the carb and the base gaskets for the carb, i think i have an extra if you need one. these carbs are a pain in the ass to fix right, certain things like the power valve are inside of the carb top hat, and most of the diaphragms leak, for what it costs to fix everything you will come out around the same to have it done already

88lxi-shortram
05-16-2010, 11:28 AM
nope mine is fuel injected.

ecogabriel
05-16-2010, 11:56 AM

If they cut and welded then the only alternative is get a universal cat and weld it in place... universal cats are cheaper than OE but you would need someone to weld it in place.
Maybe, MAYBE it can be attached in place with spare exhaust parts; I saw many connectors and pieces of pipe in advance autoparts stores with clamps and stuff.

2oodoor
05-16-2010, 12:15 PM
I only knew of one other member from Augusta, Irondragon013 who is now sporting around in a brand new civic si. There are a few members close by in South Carolina , Columbia area.. about an hour drive. Even a few more in Charlotte NC, which is only two hours away, about the same as Altanta just a different direction. Interstate all the way.

Ecogabriel I think I missed a turn coming out of Athens and tried to improvise, but I got there. Then I called MushroomToy and got some directions once I got to Gainesville but he was telling me landmariks way before I was getting to them so it was comical.

ecogabriel
05-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Ecogabriel I think I missed a turn coming out of Athens and tried to improvise, but I got there. Then I called MushroomToy and got some directions once I got to Gainesville but he was telling me landmariks way before I was getting to them so it was comical.

When I miss a turn -which happens when I go somewhere new- I just drive back until I find where I got it wrong; my experience with "on-the-fly" makeup routes has been quite bad :confused: no GPS for me yet.

I imagine that of "you should be seeing such and such place" and one drives and asks "wwhhaaattt??? because there is nothing like that nearby... He has a GPS map in his head :kekeke:

mushroom_toy
05-16-2010, 01:48 PM
^I like to be ahead of the game...lol.

Anyway to the OP I will have a full oem exhaust thats in good shape for like 50 bucks if you want it, that includes a gutted stock cat and magnaflow muffler attached. Will bolt into place 100%.

2oodoor
05-16-2010, 02:48 PM
When I miss a turn -which happens when I go somewhere new- I just drive back until I find where I got it wrong; my experience with "on-the-fly" makeup routes has been quite bad :confused: no GPS for me yet.

I imagine that of "you should be seeing such and such place" and one drives and asks "wwhhaaattt??? because there is nothing like that nearby... He has a GPS map in his head :kekeke:

thats wild you say that because that is about what happen that time, I was passing by the wrong waffle house as he was "recalculating" to another:rofl:

I do tend to take a gamble on the fly, if I can get a sign of the hwy Im on and NSEW direction, in that eventually im gonna hit I 85, 75 or 20 or 285 :kekeke:
and ya it would suck if there were no access once I hit it lol

LXiHatch88
05-16-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm in Suwanee right off I-85 north. I work in Gainesville, drive up and down I-985 every day. About to trade my 3gee for my old 2gee back, though.

im in lawrenceville the zip code is 30044... anybody close?

I'm probably 10-15 minutes from you at most.

I did not get lost going to mushroom toy's house

I did!

Tdurr
05-16-2010, 04:03 PM
soo me and pete were talking and we were gonna see if yall Georgia boys would be down for a 3gee memorial day bbq at petes!? just and idea but i think it would be great.

mushroom_toy
05-16-2010, 04:38 PM
^That works for me...

88lxi-shortram
05-16-2010, 06:51 PM
is it the whole exaust? and it sounds like a hell of a deal anyways... do you think you could swing by? i cant drive right now and it sux so bad cuz i feel like a bird in a dam cage

mushroom_toy
05-18-2010, 02:16 PM
is it the whole exaust? and it sounds like a hell of a deal anyways... do you think you could swing by? i cant drive right now and it sux so bad cuz i feel like a bird in a dam cage

Yeah whole exhaust header back. I wont be taking it off for a few weeks though, have to get the other exhaust made first. But yeah once I get done ill swing by and bring it your way.

2oodoor
05-18-2010, 02:36 PM
soo me and pete were talking and we were gonna see if yall Georgia boys would be down for a 3gee memorial day bbq at petes!? just and idea but i think it would be great.

that could be do able, hrnmmm I do like to go to my sis house which is close to there I think

88lxi-shortram
05-19-2010, 06:55 AM
ok dude thx alot cuz i need to get the car running again... i almost had to sell it cuz im on such a tight budget but i just couldnt do it... these cars are awesome.

ecogabriel
05-19-2010, 03:18 PM
May work for me. Where would that be?

3G is down though; it suffered "alternator-stroke"

mushroom_toy
05-19-2010, 03:26 PM
May work for me. Where would that be?

3G is down though; it suffered "alternator-stroke"

I think Ive got another good alternator if you need one for like $20?

ecogabriel
05-19-2010, 03:43 PM
I think Ive got another good alternator if you need one for like $20?

I traded one with lost; he needed one to do a lobotomy on it -for an idler pulley- and did not want to kill his old good one. I would have taken yours otherwise. Thanks.

mushroom_toy
05-19-2010, 03:47 PM
I traded one with lost; he needed one to do a lobotomy on it -for an idler pulley- and did not want to kill his old good one. I would have taken yours otherwise. Thanks.

Sounds good just keeping an eye out.

86ccord
05-23-2010, 08:20 AM
oisdjafoiasjfwpeorj... another Atlanta member.. damn.. where the savannahs at?!

lostforawhile
05-23-2010, 08:24 AM
http://bostonist.com/attachments/boston_caroline/011608-igor-young-frankenstein.jpg

88lxi-shortram
06-03-2010, 07:56 AM
i know this is gonna sound so newb but take into consideration im only 17... would anyone here be willing to do a 5speed conversion for me? i dont know how and im willing to pay somebody to do it cuz its a huge gain compared to my auto tranny... if you are just send me a list of anythng i need and i will get it i just need some one to do the actual swap but it wouldnt hurt gor me to learn it in the process.

2oodoor
05-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Bump Im seeing Ga members checking in lately

Im actually closer to south carolina locations i can be most anywhere in sc in not more than like 3.5 hrs.
Georgia up to 8 hrs from here most places. North atlanta 3 hrs savannah like 3 hrs

senor honda
06-19-2012, 02:07 AM
Guys,
I'm not leaving you out, since you are next door to me, so to speak.
Some of you might have been to Sibling Rivalry in Jacksonville.
Some of you might have been to Import Alliance in Atlanta a few times.
Consider this an opportunity to invade Florida again and get me back! LOL!

There is something coming up on Saturday 21 July that is import car-related.
Along with their Hot Rod show, the Chamber of Commerce/Plant City is
sponsoring an all import meet! Shocking, isn't it?

I have been telling some people That I know.
You can also post this on to the forums that you belong to.
The whole import scene will benefit if we can get an overwhelmingly
good turnout. Most of the time all they have is hot rods.
It would be impressive if import drivers could run them out of
dash plaques one hour into registration.

A few details:
ALL IMPORT SHOW/MEET PLANT CITY 3PM-9PM
All years. All Import Makes. All Models. Dash Plaques. DJ Music.
No registration fee. No trophies. No pressure. Clubs welcome.
Sponsored by the Plant City Chamber of Commerce. 3 huge parking lots.
Downtown Plant City next to the train station is where the registration tent
will be.

The easiest way to Plant City is down I-75, turn East at I-4/Tampa and take exit 19, 21, 22 going South.

For more Info, call 813-754-3707, 800-760-2315, [email protected], www.plantcity.org and if I can be of some help, let me know. 813-839-4281/[email protected]. Thanks guys. -Bob

EbidaDragon
11-03-2012, 05:01 PM
I'll give this another Georgia bump!
I live in the Atlanta Metro area, Gwinnett county.
I'm not really that good with cars, trying to learn some things, but still nervous about making a motor-killing mistake D:

Also, if anyone has exhaust components, I'm pretty sure I need the full package and would be excited to buy from someone with a 3G who has expertise!!
Tips/tricks/meetups welcome!(Winter, though, so I doubt much is going to happen until the spring)

2oodoor
11-03-2012, 05:25 PM
We're working on a southeast meet, maybe Savannah maybe somewheres else

2oodoor
11-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Who is that I see in Augusta sometimes around Stevens Creek rd, sometime Pleasant Home rd, ,beautiful medium blue 3rd gen sedan with a nice conservative Mugen factory looking body kit, dark tint, very clean. Ive seen this car around randomly for several years there in the same area and its always clean.
Chime in if you ever read this.

EbidaDragon
11-04-2012, 04:22 PM
We're working on a southeast meet, maybe Savannah maybe somewheres else
Savannah is a long drive from here, but we'll see where I am by the time it comes around.

Would love to see some of the cars I have been drooling over in build threads

fuzz86lude
11-16-2012, 10:07 AM
i'm in the auburn/winder area.

rushell
11-17-2012, 09:45 AM
i live in augusta i have a black 1989 lxi sedan on 15x8 i work at eisenhower on ft gordon i will be turbocharging it next year with the mosselman mani

JDAccord88
02-02-2013, 06:31 PM
i live in the Acworth/Dallas area :) - Josh

2oodoor
03-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Bumpity bump

truett87
06-28-2013, 05:03 PM
i live in the buford gwinnett area someone come out and hang with me and cody and do are 3gee thing

lostforawhile
06-28-2013, 07:53 PM
why is no one else in this area of south georgia,