PDA

View Full Version : Coolent lines

smufguy
10-07-2002, 06:39 PM
This is an emergency and only ppl with a 88-89 EFI that is (LXI or SEI) ppl alone can help me out. I need to know where all the coolent lines from the black metal pipe under the intake manifold goes to. U dont have to tell me or try and draw me anything if u dont have time. i did check haynes and paul's shop manual that i have. cant seem to locate it.

also, where does the hose from the bottom of the throttle body go? thanks for anyone helping me out. ONe damn coolent line is holding my project back. beeeeotch:burn: :out:

smufguy
10-09-2002, 07:42 PM
aww come one man, u guys got efi's . a lot of u guys have 88-89 efi. someone should be able to help me out. dammit!!!!

89AccordNate
10-09-2002, 07:47 PM
Sorry MuffGuy.....I........Feel......So.....Helpless :(

Nate.

anchovies
10-09-2002, 09:58 PM
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1988&catcgry3=2DR+LXI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=WATER+PUMP+%28PGM-FI%29
one of them goes to the t-joint
if I remember I'll look at mine tomorrow

smufguy
10-10-2002, 10:13 AM
thats the worst diagram ever and no shit is in the shop manual or the one from Paul's website. Well i went to the junk and looked at a 3rd gen lude, which has the same or to say, almost the same set up as our 3g. this is what i found out

Top of fast idle valve = Front of TB = under the front of TB = First coolent hole from crankshaft

Bottom of fast idle valve = Front of collent splitter

cant seem to know where the top of coolent splitter goes to>>> but i guess it gets hooked on the second hole on the black metal coolent line

well,l thanks anchovies, i will wait for u bro.

anchovies
10-10-2002, 11:54 AM
So you need to know whr those hoses from the T-joint go to or is it the pipe behind the block connected to the water pump? Or both?
Is it coolant or coolent :D

anchovies
10-10-2002, 08:41 PM
okie here goes

for T-joint:
Top - connects to metal pipe going to intake manifold (same metal pipe assembly for breather hose) it goes to the intake manifold...this rubber hose is L shaped

Bottom - to second nipple (closer to the block) from the pipe under intake manifold, the pipe that goes to the water pump

Left - lower fast idle
Right - thermostate housing

For that water pump pipe:
the other end is connected to lower rad hose
1st nipple to firewall for heater
2nd nipple to T-joint like I said above

hth

smufguy
10-11-2002, 04:53 AM
i even spelled it collent. hahah, i was in a rush, so whatever :). so anywayz.

I know all the stuff that u just said. Lemme tell u what i know.

Coolant splitter (T joint) THis is like looking from the passenger side of the car

Metal coolent pipe is the one that goes to the water pump.

Left of T joint >> Bottom of fast idle valve
Right>>> To thermostat
Bottom>>goes to 3rd hole on the metal coolent pipe (from the crank shaft)

Things i wanna know

top>>goes to exatly where? LIke where does it get plugged into? I know that it goes alongside the breather hose but where does it end up in?

The first nipple on the Metal coolant pipe>>where does it go?

SEcond nipple on the metal pipe>>Where does it go?

Top of fast idle valve>>where does it go?

I want to know where they start>>>Where they go thru>>>where they end up in.

I know these are hard and pressing on u anchovies, but i gotta hook em up right.

YK86
10-11-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by smufguy
Things i wanna know

top>>goes to exatly where? LIke where does it get plugged into? I know that it goes alongside the breather hose but where does it end up in?

Plugs into the pipe that runs along the breather hose and then goes into the nipple on the top part of the intake manifold (near the third runner)

The first nipple on the Metal coolant pipe>>where does it go?
If 1st nipple=1st one on the driver's side, that goes to the nipple sticking out of the bottom of the intake manifold.

SEcond nipple on the metal pipe>>Where does it go?
Using the same way of counting, this one goes to the bottom of the throttlebody on the right side (looking from the passenger side)

Just incase, he third nipple goes to the bottom of the T joint and the fourth nipple goes to the firewall for the heater.

Top of fast idle valve>>where does it go?
To the left side nipple on the throttlebody

smufguy
10-11-2002, 10:29 AM
thanks yasu. That cleared up everything and matched everythign from the shop manual. Thanks a lot bro and thanks to anchovies and nate too.

YK86
10-11-2002, 10:35 AM
Your welcome!

anchovies
10-11-2002, 10:56 AM
you guys talked to much about nipples :D
what im referring to as the 1st nipple is yasu's 4th nipple
I did not include the (my) 3rd and 4th nipples in my explanation cause I can't see it from above and can't jack the front at this moment.
I guess yasu pretty much clear everything up.

smufguy
10-11-2002, 06:44 PM
hey everyone likes nipples, right? :)

89AccordNate
10-11-2002, 07:38 PM
I didnt do anything except call you muffguy, I dont deserve credit!

:D

Nate.

smufguy
10-11-2002, 07:57 PM
i was a joke nate :D :)