PDA

View Full Version : Few questions... Motor mounts, and trans...

Bglad420
04-07-2010, 04:03 PM
OK So I got the 88 motor swapped into the 89 just fine. Well now that I'm driving it It seems real jerky with the pedal (gas) I can see the shifter move too. Also I'm having issues getting it into 1st, and 2nd. I'm running SAE 30 in the trans for now to flush it. Then going to throw some Honda fluid in it and see if that helps. The clutch is brand new Exedy BTW. But I'm thinking the motor mounts are shot which is causing my jerky throttle. And mabey the hard shifting??? But I was wondering if anyone else has some insight. And what about the torque damper is it worth after market? I'm not concerned about vibrations as I wont be DDing the car. I was also considering making some poly motor mounts. Thanks

Oldblueaccord
04-07-2010, 04:14 PM
that link that goes from the shifter to the trans needs to be hooked up for one thing. Ether that or you got it in wrong somehow. its the large tube like link.

wp

Bglad420
04-07-2010, 05:09 PM
that link that goes from the shifter to the trans needs to be hooked up for one thing. Ether that or you got it in wrong somehow. its the large tube like link.

wp

It's hooked up, trust me everything is hooked up properly.

It jerks with the clutch more than the throttle is seems which makes me lean towards motor mounts. But as far as the shifting goes I'm at a loss..

Dr_Snooz
04-07-2010, 06:16 PM
I noticed a lot of herky jerky after my MT swap. It took several weeks to track it down, but it turns out my throttle butterfly pivots were sticky. I lubed them and it's a million times better now.

If your mounts are bad they will usually show it with a lot of cracking.

A18A
04-07-2010, 06:29 PM
open the bonnet, pull up the hand brake and jerk the car in 1st gear & reverse while looking at the engine and see how much it moves. that should tell you whether you have a bad engine mount/torque rod or not. imo our cars have a pretty crappy engine mount setup