PDA

View Full Version : Question for a guru!

lostscotiaguy
04-11-2010, 12:07 PM
How would I tell which model I own? dx, lx, etc....

2ndGenGuy
04-11-2010, 12:12 PM
It's either a DX or LX. Well, not really a DX, it's just base model and LX is all that exist. If yours is an LX there will be an LX badge on it.

In case the badge got ripped off, LXs had color matched steering wheels, instead of black, they had cloth door panels, and full cloth seats instead cloth / vinyl.

charliekuney
04-11-2010, 12:13 PM
First off, there should be a badge on the back. If not, which is why I'm guessing you're asking, is to look at the options and specifications of your car. It should match up pretty well.

Edit: Or that. ^

Grimmace
04-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Looks like you have a 4 door, right? If it's a 4 door it's either a standard (sometimes called base or DX) or SE. All SE's were charcoal and had power windows, sunroof, leather seats, etc. so I think you can probably rule that out.

LX's were only available as hatchbacks until 1984.

eduardo i.
04-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Wow I didnt know 1stgen accords also came with sunroofs and power windows( did they come to the us market?). Any more info on the se model?

Hazwan
04-11-2010, 06:09 PM
I never knew they come with sunroofs?

Grimmace
04-11-2010, 10:54 PM
I never knew they come with sunroofs?

I could be wrong about the sunroof being a standard SE feature. I knew a guy with one about 10 years ago that had a sunroof, but it may have been a dealer add on. Not sure if it was power or not. From the outside it looked like the same frame that the first gen Prelude sunroofs had so I just assumed that it was original. :dunno:

Grimmace
04-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Wow I didnt know 1stgen accords also came with sunroofs and power windows( did they come to the us market?). Any more info on the se model?

SE's were a US model. I think they were sold in some other countries as EX's. They came standard with leather, power windows, alloy wheels, a "high power" stereo and a few other goodies. The SE was only sold in 1981 (first gen) and again in 1983 (second gen.) In 1985 the same idea was sold as the SEi, the first fuel injected Accord (for the US.)

Here's a link to an 81 SE pic:
http://www.motorsdb.com/honda%20accord%201981/112_0704_18z+1981_honda_accord_se+front_profile.jp g

2ndGenGuy
04-12-2010, 01:36 AM
First off, there should be a badge on the back. If not, which is why I'm guessing you're asking, is to look at the options and specifications of your car. It should match up pretty well.

Edit: Or that. ^

The only ones that have a badge on the back are the LX. The base models had no badge, hence no real designation. The SE had fender badges that said "Special Edition."

charliekuney
04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
^ I was also considering if the LX badge came off or was removed or something.

lostscotiaguy
04-13-2010, 06:33 PM
LXs had color matched steering wheels, instead of black, they had cloth door panels, and full cloth seats instead cloth / vinyl.

Cool! It's an LX! It has no informative badging except for the proud "5 Speed" badge on the trunklid! It has all the other Honda badges except for the one that peeled off my dash :( but no designation badges... It's got a color matched wheel and cloth seats, although I almost would have preffered vinyl at this point....

Well that's cool to know, thank you everyone! :cheers:
I'd still love one of those SE's though....