PDA

View Full Version : Just put a 3G in my garage...

SilverbackBob
10-07-2002, 07:50 PM
It started with that russian and his aerodeck. Then surfin' the posts at the 3 Geez web site. Then the local paper: '88 Accord LX, loaded, $500. Why not? I go over there and the lady is like, "OK, don't freak out, it runs, but makes this really weird sound and then overheats. I just don't feel like dealing with it since I got the new truck." Start it up and I hear a tell tale knock-whirring sound, take a look underneath and there's antifreeze on the ground. I QUICKLY shelled out the 500 bucks and pulled it home on the dolly. I pull the water pump out last night, and it's cracked and rusty. Picked up a brand new one for $43, new belts for a few more and got them installed like an hour ago. Start 'er up and the no more noise. FREAKIN' A!!! $500 and I got my own 1988 Honda Accord LX, with power windows and locks and A/C, etc. I'm stoked and now worthy of a site like 3Geez....

-Silverback Bob

Bobs89LXi
10-07-2002, 07:54 PM
Congrats. Sounds like a great deal. What shape is the body and interior in? How many miles?

jigga225
10-07-2002, 08:13 PM
might wanna do the head gasket, cuz you dont know how bad or how many times it overheated.
Welcome to the 3Gs tho

A20A1
10-07-2002, 08:36 PM
north pole?

YK86
10-07-2002, 09:25 PM
Congrats on the find!!!!

SilverbackBob
10-07-2002, 10:44 PM
Thanx! Interior is immaculate, exterior has a few dings, retractable antenna is busted (but the retractor/extender motor for it runs), blue interior and dark blue exterior. The lady I got it from was the original owner and put 140K miles on it. Redoing the head gasket is probably a good idea. She said it only overheated twice and she had it towed back to the house, but ppls will say anything to sell stuff. Engine compartment was clean, no oil sprayed anyware, just the antifreeze from the water pump. The sweet part is, I have a regular transportation vehicle for coming and going, so this is strictly a project car. That makes messin' with it more fun than work I think. My father-in-law is a mechanic of 40 years, domestics only. He came in the shop today and leaned in under the hood and said, "You know, you just can't argue with Honda engineering. These things weren't made to work on, they were made to run forever." That's pretty sweet to hear. Oh yeah, it's got cruise, too.

-SilverbackBob

P.S. Yep, North Pole, Alaska. It's a small town 11 miles south of Fairbanks, in the interior of Alaska. Yes, there is a Santa Claus' House, yes I ride a snowmachine. Standard options on all cars are battery blankets, oil pan heaters, and head bolt heaters. Yes, it snowed last week, and yes several weeks a year are colder than -50 without a windchill... ;)

anchovies
10-07-2002, 11:01 PM
:super:

MoonScryer
10-08-2002, 05:28 PM
.......and another rides once more...

Neuspeed87lx
10-08-2002, 06:00 PM
ive been to fairbanks before....last year...alaksa is really nice

Chubs87Accord
10-08-2002, 07:57 PM
congrats.. welcome to the board.. theres a few rules...
1. no ricey whale tail
2. screw the first rule if you like whale tails
3. have fun
4. most of us will laugh our butts off at you if something stupid
happens... kind of like me spray painting my crotch red while
trying to paint stuff for my car, but dont take it seriously.. were
all like a band of 3G brothers here
5. just be yourself
:D

Chubs87Accord
10-08-2002, 07:58 PM
oh btw.. nate is more or less the guy that will poke fun :lol

NOAHS88accord
10-08-2002, 11:32 PM
HEY MAN,

Im from Wasilla, AK but stationed in Korea right now for the army, lived there my whole life and let me tell ya you aint lyin about the temp and the oil pan heaters and shit

welcome man

NOAH

Sabz5150
10-09-2002, 07:54 AM
It started with that russian and his aerodeck.

:lol :lol :lol

Sounds like a nice opening to the website ;)

You're famous, Paul!

-5150 :bandit: