PDA

View Full Version : 86 ca1 reporting in

ca1perfection
04-20-2010, 08:18 PM
hello,im new to this site and new to ca1
im from malaysia,im chinese and sorry for my poor english =)

is there any guide for me about ca1 ,like what engine i can change, or how do i modify my ca1 =)

A18A
04-20-2010, 09:08 PM
was it imported there? i'm not sure how the mdm market works, but ca1 usually equals a a18a engine.

woops I read the question wrong. you can change lots of engines into your car. from what i was told about the laws over there is you cant increase engine displacement, or there's only a certain percentage more you're allowed (i forget). so i would guess a b18c would be the most economical engine swap to do. still quite a bit of work to do though

ca1perfection
04-21-2010, 02:09 AM
thank you, yea ca1 from japan , with a18a auto . can show me how hard to modify b18c in it? or maybe got any thread here that discuss about this mod. its okay with the law here because i don't really care about it,lol ..but i don't think i want to put a h22a in it, planning for b series because its not safe to put h22a in it.

A18A
04-21-2010, 04:41 AM
lol okay then, a b20a would be a direct bolt in swap, but might be a bit hard to find. b-series motors (b16, b18 etc..) should be easy to find, you will have to make up some mounts, or buy some from innovative (?) other than mounts, you would have to sort out axles, linkages, and so on.... if you us a engine with fuel injection, you will have to swap/add a efi harness to your car, and a fuel feed line. might wanna swap fuel tanks too as a efi one has baffles in them for the pump to pick up fuel since efi cars don't have a float bowl to keep them sputtering when cornering hard/lowish on petrol. whatever you do, the search function on the site should help alot :thumbup:

ca1perfection
04-21-2010, 11:49 PM
thank you for ur info,can i special order engine mounting from innovative for b-series swap? is it from ebay,or can show me which site should i go? thanks again.

which halfcut is the best i can get,i mean the best b-series halfcut that suitable for my ca1? like maybe the suspension or any axles can be swap into my ca1,thanks for helping me out =)

Hazwan
04-22-2010, 03:23 AM
B20A should swap right in, and they are available as full front clip with everything you need (or halfcut as we might call them) and are commonly available here. Other engines, B (other than B20A) or H or whatever you're planning with should be fun, along with the work needed to be done (mounts, axles, wiring and the like). Unless you're doing them yourself, it all depends on how much you're willing to spend.

Oh yeah :welcome: and I'm a Malaysian as well :D

ca1perfection
04-22-2010, 04:51 AM
for halfcut ca model,i think is very hard to get especially manual. bro Hazwan,you got saw ca b20a manual halfcut in malaysia?

got friend suggest me to get intergra halfcut comes with b16a(the small vtec word) although its not powerful but its enough,i planning to make my ca1 semi street and semi track car. thank you for helping me =)

Tdurr
04-24-2010, 07:16 PM
welcome to the site! sounds like you have some good plans. I would see how much it would cost to get a halfcut ca, since ur auto that way you would have all the 5speed swap parts/ tranny

ca1perfection
05-04-2010, 07:44 AM
hmmm...i wanna ask which halfcut of honda is suitable for 3rd gen accord mostly beside its own halfcut b20a, hmm what i mean is like maybe some of the other honda halfcut's suspension knuckle and more parts can be convert or modify into our 3rd gen accord,i know the engine is a must modify for the engine mounting for example try putting in b16a,b18c or h22a... hope to learn which halfcut is better for me to find and to convert,so i can put my target on to search for the halfcut... sorry for my poor english... =)