PDA

View Full Version : 89 LXi

Ben2045
04-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Hi there, I've been reading these forums for about 3 days straight now and it seems to be the most knowledgeable place I've seen so far for these 3G accords.

I recently bought an 89 Accord LX-i, PGM-FI and the 4 speed auto transmission. After getting it home it began acting up a little and I was wondering if you guys have any input as to what it could be.

When coming to a complete stop, my idle drops a little and the car shakes, pretty hard. I've cleaned my IACV, and can't see any vacuum lines out of place, but I need to really dig into it this weekend to make completely sure. Could a fuel flow problem cause this, and replacing the fuel filter fix it?

Also, my seat belt light for the driver's side belt blinks and beeps like a son of a bitch, but only once i'm out of 1st gear. I've seen a couple people with this, and mostly it looks like they just disable the flasher/speaker unit.

Also, I wanted to check my PCV Valve, but I'm having a hell of a time finding it. Could anyone let me in on where itis exactly? (pictures are always appreciated).

This car is physically in great condition and I want to put another 100k on it at least. Any help is appreciated thanks!

stephensimmons
04-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Hi there, I've been reading these forums for about 3 days straight now and it seems to be the most knowledgeable place I've seen so far for these 3G accords.

I recently bought an 89 Accord LX-i, PGM-FI and the 4 speed auto transmission. After getting it home it began acting up a little and I was wondering if you guys have any input as to what it could be.

When coming to a complete stop, my idle drops a little and the car shakes, pretty hard. I've cleaned my IACV, and can't see any vacuum lines out of place, but I need to really dig into it this weekend to make completely sure. Could a fuel flow problem cause this, and replacing the fuel filter fix it?

Also, my seat belt light for the driver's side belt blinks and beeps like a son of a bitch, but only once i'm out of 1st gear. I've seen a couple people with this, and mostly it looks like they just disable the flasher/speaker unit.

Also, I wanted to check my PCV Valve, but I'm having a hell of a time finding it. Could anyone let me in on where itis exactly? (pictures are always appreciated).

This car is physically in great condition and I want to put another 100k on it at least. Any help is appreciated thanks!

If you suspect you have a pvc valve problem jus go to honda and get you a pvc valve and all the fittings and hoses for it from the intake to the breater tank because when you go to remove it it GOING to break and youll already have the stuff to fix it!.......IM serious bout that too. And if you dont youll be sorry.

As for the vibration where dose the car idle at when its vibrating?

Ben2045
04-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I've seen lots of people here say the same thing about their PCV's... When vibrating, it's idling about 600-700, I know its a little bit low but it shouldn't be producing THAT noticeable of am effect.

88cool
04-23-2010, 05:10 PM
You should look into adjusting your Throttle Valve cable. It might account for the low idle and vibration.

stephensimmons
04-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I've seen lots of people here say the same thing about their PCV's... When vibrating, it's idling about 600-700, I know its a little bit low but it shouldn't be producing THAT noticeable of am effect.

Yes it will. Idle it up around 800-850